Comashipping vs Kodakshipping

TRIGGER WARNING: su*cide

if you can, please let me know how i can improve my trigger warnings to make my audience feel safer with my content.

other than that, enjoy!

Again. Again and again and again. Once more, Ash had lost a Pokemon League. It wasn't his first loss, which he could've considered in a positive manner, but at the moment, it made him feel like more of a loser. Ever since his first ever loss, he'd been thinking until now that people were just waiting for him to give up. Even the own voices in his head didn't see the point in trying anymore. Ash himself didn't see the point in trying anymore. But he couldn't give up. Not after how persistent he'd already been, and how much it'd disappoint all the people who said he'd had potential. On second thought, he probably let them down already.

His thoughts circulated his head as he walked the streets of Unova, hardly making the effort to smile at a stranger or wave at a Pokemon as he passed by, like he usually did. No one would want to see him anyway, right? He might as well make himself invisible.

That last thought stopped him in his tracks and turned his head to a lake nearby. His eye was especially attracted to the 'DO NOT SWIM' sign. He felt some sort of a satisfaction knowing hos deep it could be.

But then he thought back.

He'd attempted that many times. Sometimes he didn't even have to try, he'd just get thrown into it and all he had to do was let go, and not try to save himself. But he survived anyway. Every. Single. Time. Arceus was relentlessly making him suffer, but wasn't giving him the option to end his misery either, and it wasn't like he could just break down and tell everyone how he was feeling. Kind of like his friends, in a way, the way they teased him then got mad at him when he got hurt.

But it wouldn't hurt to try again.

He found himself, almost automatically, approaching the lake. The park was empty, and it was nighttime, so no one would be there to save him, and they would likely be too late if they did, by the time the sun rose.

His heart skipped a beat when he felt something sharp and heavy knock on the back of his head, a heard a dull thump on the grass behind him afterwards. His cap, thrown forward by the rock's weight, dived into the lake, and it didn't seem to be buoyant. 

"Oh, that's a shame", remarked a sly, familiar man, "Oh well. I'm sure you can buy another one with the money you got from the league--oh wait! That's probably the only thing you'll be able to afford with that money, right?"

Ash didn't care much for the rude remark, he'd heard many of them before and learn't to ignore them, only that his cap that he actually kind of liked and had some sentimental value was now lost at the bottom of a deep lake of which he now couldn't enter to retrieve it.

Trip strolled over to the younger boy, failing to take even a second to notice there was something different. Ash wasn't expecting to have company, so it would take him a few seconds to activate his happy facade in order not to be vulnerable, but he was grateful that Trip didn't care about him, and wouldn't notice.

"What'ya doing out here all alone in the dark, loser?"

And his facade was activated.

He turned to Trip with a wide grin on his face, which appeared to please the man in some way.

"Oh, just taking a walk. It's easier to think at night!", he chirped.

"Yeah, I'm sure you need that extra help with thinking, don't you?"

"Sure!"

Trip scanned the area, looking excited to confirm it was just the two of them, and looked back at Ash.