Greninjashipping vs Unknownshipping

Had to do an AU for this one. Sorry! The little idea-bottle in my head is about to burst.

Enjoy!

(Just for reference, Ash's official Chinese name is Xiao Zhi 'shi-ow-zee')

"Unova is so nice!", Ash exclaimed with delight as he reveled at the sight of towers that reached the sky, and little fountains scattered around the brimming streets.

"Are you having fun?", a man with long green hair asked the younger boy, following him around with a smile. 

"I miss my home in China, of course. The village I live in write to me everyday, wishing for me to return so I can help them with assassinations and missions"

"It must be fun being a ninja"

"It is! Those I know back at home, they say I'm very good at arts such as Kung Fu, and that it's just not the same without me. But it's fun to see how different it is in America. Especially the Pokemon Regions"

The man rubbed Ash's silky, long hair in between his fingers, smiling tenderly at the feel of it.  When he first met Ash, he appeared to have short hair. But after getting closer, the boy seemed to be more comfortable with him, and since his green hair was almost as long, he revealed and explained it to him how it was a Chinese tradition to have very long hair, and he just tied it up to make things easier. It was much longer than his, going past his feet and dragging across the floor, but the younger boy seemed used to it.

"I didn't even know America had places like 'Chinatown'. It's so nostalgic!", Ash celebrated the sight of dimly-lit red lanterns and siheyuans everywhere.

Sanpei dragged his brothers across the streets, not caring for the decorations there that reminded him of home. He'd seen them countless times while being disappointed on his travels. Looking for a proper, traditional village or at least a good ninja outside of China. He'd heard about quite a famous little boy from near his home who was outstanding not only physically, but was very clever. Although he'd never met him.

Even though he was wearing a long hanfu that dragged just as much as his hair, which should have already been heavy due to the length, volume and accessories, Ash somehow still managed to run and skip across the festival, clutching onto a small lantern with his fingertips. The man had no choice but to run after him. Only for him would he do that.

Sanpei stopped when he felt as if he was being followed. He turned to see a shadow swiftly disappear behind the crowd. Wasting not time, he grabbed his brothers and urged them to run, figuring that whoever was following him was dangerous and knew he was martially trained.

Ash turned to look at the man, who was lagging behind.

Sanpei turned to see if anyone was after him. 

Ouch!

"Ah~", Ash mumbled, dazed as the green-haired man held him.

"Ow! Watch where you're going!", Sanpei yelled.

Only when he focused on the stranger's face did his mood change unbelievably quickly.

"You! You're the famous ninja, right?"

Ash allowed the man to help him up as he rubbed his head, trying his best to process what the other was saying. He couldn't when the man was continuously whispering in his ear if he was okay.

"I-I'm fine...", he murmured to the man. 

When he was finally able to stand up straight, he found a teenager at least 5 years above his age bowing before him with his palms and fingers aligned.