Ash x Gladion

I couldn't find a shipping name for this ship, so if anyone has a name, please tell me. Thanks and enjoy!

"I'm so tired", Ash yawned as he climbed into bed.

Gladion, despite having the energy to run a marathon, was tired as well. He had been hiding his feelings all day, as he had done for months now. It was very tiring, especially because Ash would always ask him if he was okay when he blushed or got nervous.

'I just can't take it anymore...I need to tell him! But how...'

"Hey, Ash?", he called out to the younger boy opposite him.

"Yeah?"

"Um...I have a secret"

"Nice to know, Gladion"

"Uh, wanna know what it is?"

"Sure"

"Okay...but, only if I can beat you, in a battle!"

Ash stopped yawning and looked at Gladion in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because, um, I have to!"

The nervous teen turned away for a second to think.

'Ah, this is so messed up! What am I doing? Um...I got it! I'll only let myself date him if I beat him in a battle. Yeah! That works, right?'

"Gladion? You okay?"

He turned back to face his tired crush.

"Uh, yeah, um, n-night!"

-The Next Day-

Gladion walked up to Ash, this time with confidence.

"So, Ash. How about that battle, huh?", he offered, pulling out his Pokeball.

"Hm? Uh, maybe later. Pikachu isn't fully awake yet"

He lowered his hand in disappointment as he slouched his back. He slumped away as the boy got back to petting his Pikachu, silently promising himself he'd get there next time.

-A Few Hours Later- 

Ash sat on the sofa, stroking his Pikachu's fur, as Gladion stood at the side to watch. Pikachu leaped out of Ash's arms and ran up to his shoulder, making Ash giggle. Gladion couldn't help but smile. Why did Ash have to be so cute?

He mustered up his courage with a deep breath, and sat next to him.

"You ready for that battle, Ash?"

Ash looked at him with the same confused look as before.

"Are you that eager to battle?"

"Yes, yes, pleeease?"

Before Ash could speak, Pikachu cooed sleepily, interrupting him.

"Looks like Pikachu is hungry. Maybe later"

Gladion groaned as the dense boy got up and left the room.

-Night-

"Can we battle now, Ash?", Gladion pleaded, leaning towards Ash with the Pokeball in his hand.

"Sorry, Gladion, but me and all my Pokemon are tired"

"OH COME ON!"

As soon as he realised he'd screamed, he covered his mouth with both his hands, knowing even without looking that his crush was staring at him with shock.

"Gladion, why are you eager to battle me? I don't understand-"

"SO I CAN BEAT YOU IN A BATTLE AND TELL YOU I LIKE YOU!"

After a few seconds, he quickly backtracked as he realised, once again, his mouth had gotten ahead of him. He started to walk away, preparing to never see Ash again, when he felt a warm hand touch his.

"You like me?"

He sighed and turned around.

"Yes. I've liked you for so long. I just didn't know how to say it. So, I thought, if o could beat you in a battle, that would give me the determination to confess to you"

A few seconds of silence passed by before Ash started laughing. It started off as a small, quiet laugh, then escalated to hysterical laughter. Now Gladion was confused.

"Really? Then why didn't you just tell me?"

"W-what?"

"Gladion. If you'd just told me, then all of this wouldn't have happened! Duh!"

Gladion's anxiety was flooded out of his body with happiness and relief. He allowed himself to sit down wrap his arms around the boy.

"So...you wanna, um, go on a..."

"Date?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"That would be wonderful", Ash replied with a smile before wrapping his own arms around the blonde.

'So it could've been that easy huh...', Gladion thought to himself.

He had finally landed a date with Ash. Damn, Gladion. Took you a while, but, whatever.

I hope you enjoyed and I am sorry if this displeases anyone. Sometimes it gets hard for me to write in English, but I love you guys and your ideas and comments they are wonderful and make me smile every day. Requests are always welcome!