Megabondshipping

Yes, I love this ship too much.

This one shot and the next Megabondshipping deals with some issues tied into bullying. One is related to the coronavirus but the virus itself is not mentioned.

So, uh, you might get triggered by some of these themes.

Also I just wanted to ask you guys are you okay with when I put my culture into stories? You don't mind?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, I think that's everything the Professor asked us to get", Alain sighed, holding up a shopping bag, "Let's go?"

Ash shifted his gaze to the other, about to respond when he stopped and stared for a moment. Then he smiled.

"What?"

Alain was dazed when he felt his droopy fingers intertwine with smaller, warmer ones.

"I know you're tired", murmured Ash gently, "Just a few more minutes and we can go home"

"You always read me so well"

While the younger boy was a few feet away with a phone to his ear, a gang of wildly colored hair clenching skateboards approached Alain.

"Alain! Been a while, hasn't it?"

Ash immediately noticed the strangers and looked to the blue-eyed man in concern. Seeing Alain lip-sync 'friends from college' relieved him a little, so he went back to the phone.

"We're heading over to the skate park. Wanna join?"

"Oh, no I, um, I don't really...do that...you know?"

"C'mon, don't be lame. Where's the cool Alain who'd kick an officer in the ass to get away from his parents? Don't tell me you haven't robbed this store yet"

Alain took a firm, deep breath. He wasn't a rebel anymore, he was living a stable life with his soon-to-be boyfriend and two others who fairly trusted him. Although he slightly missed the days of college, it was no better than his current lifestyle.

"Look, Kyle. I'm not like that anymore. I'm living with the Professor, a friend, and...someone who I kinda like"

"Kinda? Couldn't tell the difference between your face and a tomato, dude"

"Okay, a lot. And everyone who I've met since college knows me different that you used to. It was nice catching up with you, but I have too much to care about that I can't afford being like that again"

Alain couldn't quite face who he was talking to. Since he mentioned Ash, he'd had his eyes on the boy without realizing. It didn't take long for Kyle to pick up on it.

"Who's this?", he moseyed on over to Ash, who was trying to keep his cool and pretend he was still on the phone.

"That's--"

"Ooooh, is this your girlfriend?"

Alain's heart sunk when he saw the other freeze, and the hurt burning in his eyes. Poor Ash had to keep pretending he couldn't hear it.

"Kyle--"

"Wow, always knew you were a little weird, but I never thought you'd be gay"

He could even feel Ash's eyes on his saying, 'it's fine. Ignore him'. But he knew that deep inside this complete stranger had somehow managed to hit a soft spot.

"Alright, that's eno-"

"But maybe you're actually straight, considering how easily I could snap this kid's spine. Where's your abs, little girl?"

It was then, when Kyle decided to elbow the boy, that he snapped.

"Woah, there's literally nothing there", Kyle chuckled mockingly, "Did you get your ribs removed so you could look pretty, little girl?"

Ash put the phone down, quickly took a breath and whipped around, forcing a smile.

"Hi! I just want you to know that what you're doing right now is harassment so if you don't wanna end up behind bars again I'd leave. Thank you!", he scolded speedily, speaking as quickly as he could so he didn't cry.

Scoffing with resent, Kyle and his gang deserted the two within minutes. 

Alain looked to his future partner. The boy was desperately biting his lip, forcing back tears. His hands slid up to his elbows, shaking as he pinched his arm to try and distract himself.

"Ash...", Alain mumbled, approaching him with open arms.

"N-n-no...i-it's okay..."

The younger skimmed his arm over his eyes as his mouth trembled into a smile.

"Really, I'm okay. Let's go pay?"

-Hours later-

"Night, Alain"

The older male's eyes darted over to the other as he tucked himself in. Before Ash could lie himself down fully on the bed, he felt bold, warm fingers envelop his arm.

"Don't do that"

"Don't do wh-"

"Don't you dare lie to me like that. You're not okay"

They were now face to face, Alain's hands on his shoulders. The man positioned the teen in front of a mirror, and watched with an aching heart how quickly tears pricked his eyes.

"I hate it"

"Hate what?"

"I...I-I hate what I'm looking at!"

Neither of them expected such a loud outburst, but it wasn't uncalled for. Alain's senses remained drawn to him as he poured his heart out, relieved that at least he was opening up and trusted him that much.

"Why do I have to be like this? Even my mom laughs about how I look like an anorexic. It's not my fault my metabolism is through the roof and I've always been underweight! And they joke. But it hurts. Apart from you, I haven't met one person who doesn't say I look like a girl"

Facing down, Alain bit his lip. He knew, since Ash's life slowly began to unfold to him, that his appearance in that sense was an insecurity of some sort. They hardly ever talked about it, as he was always far too embarrassed and usually ended in tears. Even now he could see how he was blushing from humiliation. But if the words of a stranger could so easily upset the Ash he knew and loved, so be it, but it had to be talked about.

"So?"

He waited a moment for Ash to notice his response.

"H-huh?"

"So what? It's not your fault, right? So you shouldn't be bothered. Who cares if you look like a girl? In fact, what does that even mean? That doesn't even make sense, it's not like certain genders have to look certain ways"

Alain found himself smiling as the other's eyes met his. Sometimes he found it amazing even in himself how quickly he could cheer him up.

"And even if, for some reason, there are still close-minded people like that, I'll always love you for who you are. I love everything about you. You have no idea how beautiful it is to wake up to your smile. Even when you cry, my heart goes wild, though it hurts to see in you in pain. So, please, at least just for me, look in the mirror and smile"

Ash threw himself into Alain's arms, clenching his sleeve as he dug his face into the other's shoulder.

"...And don't you dare start apologising. You don't need to thank me. I play a huge role in your life, and that comes with knowing for sure you're alright. And lucky for you, I love what I'm doing"

"...Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you", Ash mumbled from the warmth of the other's neck.

"Come on, don't say that. Would I even be alive without you?"

"Hey! Of course you would!"

"You're always so hard on yourself...", Alain chuckled, watching the lights dim.

I feel like it's so bad, as well as the next one, but at I'm back to writing. I haven't forgotten about Gou x Ash, for those who asked. I'm sorry, just needed to remind myself how to write.