Diodeshipping vs Sceptileshipping

The last Oneshot got positive feedback, so I'm going to write another with the same love triangle!

(Also, this love triangle is my inspiration at the moment XD)

Enjoy!

Sawyer sat moping in the blue hospital chair. He just couldn't believe it. Ash had been such a huge helping hand in defeating Lysandre, and he couldn't imagine Lysandre being defeated without him being there. He fights and perseveres so much, yet he pays for it by being in a coma. The horrifying scene played over and over in his head.

Everyone had left the scene, just as Sawyer arrived. He was planning to help, but clearly, he was too late. He saw Clemont and Ash, or in other words, his dream, standing in front of him.

Ash stood completely still. One would assume he was a statue if it wasn't for his hands and pupils constantly shaking like crazy. Clemont placed his hand on the younger boy's shoulder.

"Ash, are you okay?", he asked, concerned.

All Sawyer could recall next was seeing Ash fall to his knees and collapse. His memory skipped from one hurtful sight to the next. Ambulance cars arrived at the scene. A doctor hoisted Ash up into his arms, immediately staining his nurse dress with cold blood.

He couldn't stop thinking about it. How could he? The love of his life slipped into a coma right in front of his eyes, and with each second that passed, he continuously lost the denial he clung onto. The hope that Ash was going to be okay, or that this was all a dream, just somehow, it wasn't as heartbreaking as he wanted it to be.

"Can I see him?"

He heard a voice from a few feet away. Looking to his side, he saw a certain lemon-haired individual. 

Since he'd seen him with Ash when the 'incident' happened, he'd been so disgusted with the other boy that he didn't even want to think of his name. He didn't know why. But part of him failed to admit that it because he knew that he shared the same feelings for Ash. And, unlike other things, he was pretty competitive about it.

A little eavesdropping couldn't hurt, right? Well, it varies if you're spying on your love rival, who's visiting your comatose friend, who both deserve some privacy. You know, out of respect. 

Unfortunately, this was Sawyer's crush we're talking about. And, frankly, he didn't have any respect left when his imaginary relationship was jeopardized.

He watched in pain as Clemont sat on the bed beside Ash, his hand tip-toeing up to hold his.

"Ash...It's been a week. I miss you", he mumbled, unknowing that he was being spied on.

Minutes of sweet talk and one-sided romance went by. Sawyer's anger grew with each second he watched the two be together where it should've been him.

"Ash?"

He started to pay close attention when he heard Clemont start to say Ash's name continuously. Wouldn't you only say that to a comatose patient if they were...

Oh, no. Don't give him false hope.

With his face pressed onto the glass, he could just barely see Ash's eyes flutter open. Yes. He was sure of it. He recognized those dreamy chocolate eyes anywhere. His heart started to beat so fast it almost burst out of his chest.

"Clemont...?", he heard him whisper weakly.

Clemont pulled the younger boy into a hug, which was slightly awkward, since Ash couldn't hug back due to his limited strength at the time. But most people would say it was still really cute. Not Sawyer. Sawyer thought it was just so wrong.