Trustedpartnershipping vs Z-ringshipping

Never really done Z-ringshipping before apart from the very first Oneshot where Kiawe was just a villain on the side. Wow, this is the 68th Oneshot now. Look how far we've come guys :)

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

(Just so you know, I know it's annoying that more than half of these are AUs, but having the story be an AU allows me to write it better. Also from now on I'll stop mentioning when it's an AU, but if anyone wants me to mention it before I write it then tell me :) )

Gladion's Lycranoc was lying on the ground after the smoke cleared out, whimpering in exhaustion.

"You did great, Lycranoc", Gladion praised it as he returned it to its Pokeball, "Get some rest"

"That was a fun battle, Gladion!", Ash chuckled before yawning, "We should probably hit the sack now"

Gladion sped up as he darted towards Ash to follow him inside and upstairs. Maybe this would be the moment? No, it might not be special enough. But what if this was as special as it could be? He wanted it to be perfect. Something Ash would remember, even if it didn't guarantee a future with him. For weeks he'd been noticing every tender moment he could possibly have with Ash to see if he could confess his love to him then.

Before Ash was able to touch the door handle, someone burst through, tackling him to the ground. Gladion gasped and immediately ran to his side.

"Ash, are you alright?"

"I'm fine...Kiawe?"

It was indeed Kiawe who'd ended up accidentally driving him into the dirt. His face reddened as he swiftly leaped off of Ash and helped him up. 

"I'm so sorry!", he apologized profusely, bowing with his arms by his side.

"Woah, Kiawe, it's alright. I just wanted to ask why you were in such a hurry"

"I-I was just on my way to go hide-no! Do...something. Uh-...bye!"

He turned on his heel and sprinted away from them. Ash's eyes widened as he inexplicably followed him seconds after, ignoring Gladion calling his name.

The blonde looked down to the sheets of paper Kiawe had seemingly dropped. He kneeled down and, picking one up, saw pictures of a certain dark-haired, skinny boy with hearts scribbled onto the page. They'd definitely been taken without permission, especially since the boy had mentioned more than once before that he hated to come face to face with a camera.

He flinched when he heard a loud scream that made even the trees shiver, slowly getting more and more distant. Without second thought, he rushed into the direction Ash had been running in, forgetting the rage he felt just now. His feet ached, begging him to stop, but still he pounded them against the ground, accelerating with every drop of sweat that rolled down his temple.

Yelping, he hastily skidded to a stop as his eyes caught sight of a deep canyon, where boulders all the way to rocks were sliding down the steep walls. Clearly, this part of it had just collapsed.

He called out his Zubat and, within seconds, the poor Pokemon was barely hovering above ground while trying to carry him down to safety. Minutes after he was at the bottom, staggering across the vast collection of rocks that looked like a river of stone. 

"Ash? Can you hear me?", he yelled with his hands circling his mouth, sighing as his voice echoed through the night.

He kept repeating the same thing over and over, hoping to eventually get a response. At one point, he stopped to catch his breath. He wasn't going to give up until he knew Ash was alright. But while taking deep breaths he heard his calls again.