Trustedpartnershipping vs Comashipping

Third Oneshot in under 12 hours! I'm glad I put aside time for this haha. I thought I would put a little magic into this one, since I haven't done something like that in a while. Enjoy!

Three teenage boys sat on the roof of a house during the Alolan sunset. Gladion, a 16 year old boy with feelings for the boy in the middle. Paul, a 17 year old who kinda liked the boy in the middle. And Ash, the boy in the middle, a 14 year old boy who just liked to be happy.

"I love watching the sunset", Ash mumbled while staring at the fiery horizon.

Paul and Gladion turned to look at the boy with admiration, before turning to look at each other. 'You can't look at him like that', both of their face expressions said. But, of course, they couldn't say it out loud, because then the boy in the middle would hear it.

"Why do you like watching the sunset, Ash?", Gladion asked, staring at his eyes, which reflected the vibrant colors dashed above them.

"...Because it reminds me of home"

Paul smiled at the comment, as if it was nostalgic to him, but Gladion hummed in confusion.

"What, you mean, Kanto? Sunsets happen everywhere, Ash..."

"No, not Kanto", the boy corrected as he watched the sky darken, "My home. Above"

Gladion looked even more confused when Ash titled his head up to look past the clouds, as if there was something beyond that.

"You don't know?", Paul asked, feeling a moment of victory, as he knew more than his rival. When he thought about it that way, he would rather it stayed that way, so he knew Ash better.

"Know what? Is there something you guys haven't told me?"

Ash shifted his gaze to the baffled boy, still maintaining the same warm, kind expression in his eyes.

"I didn't want to tell you. At first. It's not something I just tell anyone", Ash confessed as he stood up, "But I can trust you"

Paul was now in dismay. The fact that Ash trusted someone else, specifically his rival. It just irritated every part of him.

Ash's clothes suddenly transformed with a magical spur. White silk lined with gold enveloped his slim figure, creating an image Gladion could see as a certain Pokemon.

Okay, I'm going to try something new here. There are two alternate endings to this Oneshot. If you scroll down, you'll see the checkpoint -alternate-, and that's where the second one starts. The one after this message is the first one. You can read the first, the second, or even both if you want! I really hope this works owo

"Woah...", Gladion uttered as he reveled in the gorgeous sight before him, "You look so much like..."

"...Arceus?", Ash answered.

"Yeah..."

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

With the glittery gold fairy wings fluttering on his back, he took Gladion's hand and led him into the sky.

"You're Arceus' son?", Gladion asked as they descended onto a cloud. Somehow Paul had been completely forgotten.

"I didn't want to tell you at first...I didn't think you'd believe me. That I'm the heir destined to rule the world. But I'm also the last descendant of the family, seeing as I'm...you know...human. So I'm also immortal"

"So that's how you always survive those crazy things you do"

"Hehe, yeah, I guess"

Gladion's smile faded as he saw Ash lower his head.

"What's wrong?"

"It...It's just that...I'll never get to die...And I know it might sound fun at first, but it's not when I have to watch all of my friends pass away", Ash explained as tears welled up in his eyes.

Gladion's heart sunk. There was so much more to Ash than he realized. He was starting to question whether he really deserved him.

"I was actually born a few billion years ago, but my body stopped developing at the age of ten. I've always had to watch humans and Pokemon I love die from mortal incidents like old age. And, before I know it, it'll happen to you and Paul, too, and I'll be all alone"

He started to cry himself as he watched Ash sob, the glassy tears streaming down his rosy cheeks. He'd never knew that Ash would be so important to the world, let alone the pain he had to suffer because of it. But he did know it was the right time when he took Ash's hands into his own, and looked down at him with a reassuring smile.

"Ash, you're not alone", he whispered soothingly as the boy looked up at him.

"But I'm going to be", Ash countered as he clenched Gladion's hand tighter.

"Well, I'll make sure that you're not. I'll be with you every second of my life, until it ends"

"Y-You will?"

"Yes"

Ash pulled him into a hug, which he gracefully accepted. Finally, everyone was at peace. Well, except Paul, who was still sitting on the roof alone.

-Alternate-

"Woah...", Gladion uttered as he reveled in the gorgeous sight before him, "You look so much like..."

"...Arceus?", Ash answered.

"Yeah..."

"Maybe because that's who I am"

With the glittery gold fairy wings fluttering on his back, he took Paul's hand and led him into the sky.

"Why do you trust him?", Paul asked as they descended onto a cloud. 

"Because, well, I know that if he tries to do anything, you'll be there for me"

Paul's smile faded as he saw Ash lower his head.

"What's wrong?"

"It...It's just that...telling Gladion reminded me that I'll never get to die...And I know it might sound fun at first, but it's not when I have to watch all of my friends pass away", Ash explained as tears welled up in his eyes.

Paul's heart sunk. Ash had told him about this before. About the anxiety and heartbreak that came with being immortal.

"And, before I know it, it'll happen to you and Gladion, too, and I'll be all alone, just like I have been for the last billions of years"

He started to cry himself as he watched Ash sob, the glassy tears streaming down his rosy cheeks. He'd never knew that Ash would be so important to the world, let alone the pain he had to suffer because of it. But he did know it was the right time when he took Ash's hands into his own, and looked down at him with a reassuring smile.

"Ash, you're not alone"

"But I'm going to be", Ash countered as he clenched Paul's hand tighter, "And you've always known that"

"Well, I'll make sure that you're not. I'll be with you every second of my life, until it ends"

"Y-You've never said that before..."

"I mean it. I'll never leave you"

Ash pulled him into a hug, which he gracefully accepted. Finally, everyone was at peace. Well, except Gladion, who was still sitting on the roof alone.

I hope you enjoyed the Oneshot, and the alternate ending thing. I know, the two endings are way too similar, but I wanted to see how it would go. If I've made any mistakes, feel free to tell me and requests are always welcome.

Byeeeeeee