Chapter 41: The friend

Vinny, what an interesting looking boy. Not like anything I've seen around here. Sure, I've seen people like him on tour, but around here? Never. He had a nice smile, very sharp jawline. I liked the vibe I got from him, he was different from the people I'm normally around.

"Well Ivy, if you'd like, you can go up to your room with Vinny, keep the door cracked open please" Sebastian ushered us up the stairs.

I walked silently up the stairs, down the the hall to my room. Vinny followed close behind, hearing his converse hit the wooden steps. I was nervous about leading him up to my room but honestly, he could be just as nervous. We both had every right to be. Not knowing each other, or our motives. We reached my room, I softly creaked the door open. Stepping inside, Vinny still following behind. I make sure he leaves the door cracked open. I took a seat on my bed, he pulled out my desk chair. We sat in silence, only listening to the sound of my uncles rushing down the stairs to greet Jostein.

It has only been a few minutes of us sitting there but the silence was getting more awkward by the minute. I didn't like it. I looked around for anything that could solve the problem, anything I could possibly say. Vinny stayed looking out the window. He was just as nervous it seemed. Then, I spoke up.

"I think it's kinda interesting to have someone around my age in the industry, feels a little less lonely, now knowing I'm not the only one here" I don't look up from where I was staring but I can tell he turned around to look at me.

"Me too, it's nice not being alone" he nervously smiled, not sure of what to do.

We went silent again, too nervous to say another word. We heard music an laughter downstairs, I could tell it was going to be a long day. Then I heard the wine glasses clinking around and a loud POP!
Someone opened up a bottle of wine. This early eh? Looks like they are getting it on early.

"So, your dad said you can sing? And play guitar?" He speaks up, trying to get a conversation going.

"Yeah, it's not much but it makes me happy"

"That's really cool though, I play the bass"

"That's super cool! I wish I could play the bass, I just don't think I'm that capable" I sit up on the edge of my bed, interested in the conversation.

"I'll totally teach you whenever, it's not as hard as you think, since you can already play guitar I'm sure it won't be too hard for you" He had a really bright smile, for a dark looking person.

We continued our conversation about music till my door was pushed open lightly. Remington poked his head in, smiled at the two of us. He opened the door the rest of the way, walking in and looking around the room.

"Just checking in on you two, all good in here? We are leaving for dinner so if you two are ready, let's get going" He leaves the room, door still wide open.

We looked at each other, before standing up to leave. Leading him down stairs, to where our parents waited. We were going to a restaurant down the road, to celebrate the end of tour. There was awkward silence in the back of the car, where Vinny and I sat. Sebastian and Jostein sat in the front, Remington, Emerson, Shy and Larisa all in the other car.

Finally we arrived at the restaurant, normally I would be walking with Remington or Larisa, but I didn't want to leave Vinny to walk by himself. Once we got seated, we all started to order. It was awkward thinking about eating in front of unfamiliar people, but I was starving and had no choice but to put up with it.

"You know, tour will be starting again pretty soon Ivy, how do you feel about always being out with your family all the time in different states and countries?" Jostein spoke up, questioning me in front of everyone, all eyes on me.