Chapter 39: Did not see that

I guided them inside along with the other fans. I gave Olivia a tight hug before going backstage. My heart hurt, confusion and pain washing over me. I don't understand what's happening and I don't know how to feel. Who is Michael? The real question is, who is he to her?

Breaking me out of my thoughts, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at the body connected, the hand belonging to Emerson. I sigh, letting him wrap her arm around me shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"I can feel that you are upset, it's an overwhelming feeling I'm getting so I'm only assuming" He rubs my shoulder reassuringly.

"Yeah I guess so, just confused and kinda hurt. It's not a big deal though" His arm drops from my shoulder, now standing in front of me

"It is a big deal if it hurts you that bad, what happened love? Did Olivia show up?" His figure towers over me, blocking the light from the stage

"She did show up, she came with a boy though. I thought it was just going to be her and she didn't tell me about any boy, who looks to have no interest in actually being here" I cross my arms, looking away from Emerson, eyes started to burn, threatening to spill tears.

"Ohhh that makes sense. I'm sorry, I understand that you must be hurt. Let's make tonight a good show though, okay? Will that make you feel better?" He bends down a little to make me look at him

I nod, walking around him to the stage, Emerson following close behind. I stood by the curtain, waiting for the boys to go out. Emerson patted my back before walking out on the stage. Sebastian gave me a side hug, running out after him. Once Remington went out, that's when the madness began.

I went along with the rest of the show like normal, despite my crush only being a few feet away. Yes, I will finally admit, I do like her. During my solo lines, I stretch my hand out to Olivia, she takes my hand lightly, I stare into her eyes as I pour my heart out into the microphone, singing for the crowd but the words only dedicated to her. I pulled away to finish my lines, handing the mic back to Remington before walking over to sit on the sides again.

After the show was over, the crowd started to split, some leaving, others heading to meet the band. I took Olivia and her..whatever he is, back stage to chill. Immediately when she seen Emerson walking towards us, she ran past me and in front of him. She hugged him, asking for a picture and for him to sign her phone case. I thought it was pretty strange but Olivia might just like him the most. Michael walked over too, pointing at his phone.

"I told auntie I was going back outside to sit with her for the next hour or two, we might go drive for a bit" he says, pointing to the door.

"Alright, tell mom I said I'll be back there in like two hours" Michael nodded, leaving the stage and to the exit.

Wait, auntie? Mom? Wait a minute..Oh! That's her cousin. I should have known. That's pretty embarrassing, thank goodness I didn't refer to him as her boyfriend or..no I don't want to think about that any longer. I walked up to her, finally getting her to walk away with me so Emerson can go see the other friends. She wouldn't stop giggling and looking at the picture they took together.

"We should plan a sleepover sometime, but a long one, maybe a week or something since you live in California and I live in Florida!" She turns around shaking my shoulders

"I'll see about it when we get back from tour" I smile, she leans in closer to me, just inches away from my face

"Perfect" and with that, we are walking outside to the lake behind the venue.

We had to walk through the woods, my ankles getting scratched up my sticks and thorns. Finally, we made it to a clearing by the lake, close to the water. We sit up on a rock, maybe being about 4 feet tall. The sun was setting, deep orange and yellow painting the sky, clouds wispy and soft. The trees tower over us, only moving when the wind blows, an ominous yet comforting sound. The water was beautiful, sparkling with the low amount of light that was left from the sun, no telling how deep with just your eyes. It was the perfect setting.