Chapter 3: Secret

I wake up to someone laying on top of me and yelling. "Ivy time to get up sleepy head" Emerson yells while laying on top of me. "Emerson you are a 20 something year old man laying on a little girl" I said calmly. "Oops" he says and gets up. I turn over and throw the covers over my head. Emerson pulls them off and puts them on the chair next to the bed. I whine and roll over on to the floor. "OW MOTHER FUCKER" I scream and cover my mouth after realizing I cussed. "Watch your mouth!" Sebastian yells from the hall. "Sorry!" I say standing up and sitting on my bed. Emerson laughs and leaves the room after saying good morning and kissing my head. I groan and lay back on my bed. I don't feel like getting up today.

After picking out my clothes and taking a shower I walk downstairs only to be picked up and ran over to the couch. Remington places me on the couch and smiles. "Just in time to watch TV with me before we leave to go to the studio" he says turning the TV on. I nod and smile. They go to the studio a lot I guess. We watch TV for a while until Emerson and Sebastian come downstairs telling Rem it's time to go. Sebastian looks like he is in a hurry so he runs up to me giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek "We have to go, we will be back soon, if you leave then the key is on the table, be careful and make sure to lock the door and don't talk to strangers, love you sweetheart bye" he says walking to the door. Emerson gives me a hug and kisses my hand, same with Remington. They leave and I sigh. Maybe I will go out. I smile and remember something.

I run upstairs to my bedroom and to my bag. I dig to the bottom to find a pack of cigarettes. I was able to pay someone at the adoption center to go get them. I smile as I put them in my jacket pocket. I put my shoes on and grab my skateboard. I swear I seen a abandoned skate park somewhere. I take the key off the table but next to it was a note "Dear Ivy, here is a key to the house, don't lose it. Please don't go to far and be safe. Call me if you need anything. xxx-xxx-xxxx. Love Dad" I run out the door, making sure to lock it.

I get to the skate park and pull out my cigarettes. Damnit I only have 4 left. I take one out and light it. I ride around for a while for about 2 hours until I feel like I need to go home. I start riding back to the house.

I ride down my street until my house comes into veiw. Shit. The car is there. How am I supposed to hide these. Yeah they are in my jacket but what if they hug me and feel it. I will have to avoid it. I get to the door and sigh. I open the door and sigh. Run for the stairs. I walk in and see Emerson on the couch. Where are the others... hopefully in their rooms or downstairs. I run to the stairs and run up them. "Hey Ivy where are you going?" He asks as I continue to run for the stairs. I run to my room and lock the door behind me. I shove them back in my bag and hide the lighter in my makeup bag. Someone knocks on my door, "Ivy, are you okay?" Emerson asks. I open the door and smile "yeah sorry I really had to go to the bathroom haha" I say. He smiles and nods "okay welcome home" he says and gives me a hug. He pulls away and looks at me with a questioning look. "Hey Remington! Can you come here for a minute?" He yells for him. Oh no. Gotta come up with something fast. Remington walks down the hallway and walks into my room. "Yeah, hey ivy" he says. " Does she smell like smoke to you?" He asks while pushing me over to him. He bends down to me. "Yeah, Ivy why do you smell like smoke, hold on" he says and yells for Sebastian. Shit. Shit.shit. fuck. "Yeah, oh hey welcome home" he says while walking in. He gives me a hug but stops. "Ivy why do you smell like smoke?" He asks while looking down at me with a pretty mad look. "You are all over reacting, I was at a skate park and teenagers were smoking" I said. They all nodded and left. That was so close.

I walk into the music room with my guitar. The music room has a recording set, amps, a drum set, different basses and guitars. Awards on a shelf. The guys are in their rooms. I have this room to myself. I plug my guitar up to an amp and fix the volume. I start the opening to King For A Day by Pierce The Veil. I feel the music in my heart. It starts out small but grows. Soon I am jumping around and singing. Then I hear another voice singing behind me. I turn around still playing but only to see nothing. The voice sounds familiar. I feel hands on my shoulders as I play. At the end of the song I turn to see the ghost of my best friend, Blake. I cover my mouth as a tear runs down my face. He smiles and waves to me as he disappears. I drop to the ground as I cry harder. Blake....I miss you.