CHAPTER 30

"Sultanim" I woke up with a start and looked beside me at Nur who was leaning down beside my bed trying to wake me up.

"What is it?" I asked squinting at her. The room we still dark meaning the sun hasn't risen yet. I felt Bali stir awake beside me and looked at me and Nur confused.

"There was an attack on Gülsah Hatun earlier" she whispered worriedly. I sat up and pushed the covers off of me my body before sliding out of the bed.

"Is she okay?" I asked pulling my robe around my body.

"I don't have any further information. Yusuf agha went to the throne's palace immediately to check on her" Nur informed me. I nodded and watched as she ran to get me options to choose from to wear from today.

"Can't this wait until tomorrow?" Bali groaned tiredly behind me. I smiled and sat down on the foot of the bed and placed a hand on his leg.

"Get up Bali, my father will send after you to investigate anyways," I said pulling the covers down and off of his upper body part.

"I wish for once for us to have a full night sleep without problems" Bali whined like a small child as he sat back up. He pushed the covers off and slid down beside me at the foot of the bed.

"Stop being lazy" I kissed him on the lips. He chuckled before getting up and went to a separate room to get ready with some aghas so my maids could help me change.

After changing into a red dress I and Bali went to the palace together. I left Nur and Esma with the children and took two other loyal maids called Ayse and Fethiye.

Bali helped me down the carriage before he went to my father's chamber. I went straight to the harem where I knew Gülsah was. My aunt Fatma was already there with her beloved Nazenin Hatun who only gave my father a daughter, my sister who was younger than my children, funny how this works.

"I've been waiting for you so we can check up on Gülsah together," my aunt said handing the baby back to her mother. Nazenin bowed to me before scurrying away like a scared mouse.

"Of course, after you" my aunt walked in front of me proudly. The aghas at the doors opened it for us and we walked in one after the other.

"Gülsah, are you alright?" I asked side-stepping my aunt and walked over to the young girl

"Gülsah, are you alright?" I asked side-stepping my aunt and walked over to the young girl. She was laying in bed paler than usual and exhaustion was obvious on her.

"I am fine, do not worry sultanim, but someone else wasn't," she said looking down on her lap sadly. I sat down on the bed facing her, I took her hands into mine to comfort her.

"What do you mean, Hatun?" My aunt asked the question on my mind. I was still haven't heard the full story from anyone and I was waiting for Gülsah to tell me.

"They killed my child" she whispered sadly. A tear trickled down her cheek. I reached over and whipped it away for her. My aunt stalked out of the room angrily, she was obviously going to confront Hürrem.