CHAPTER 18

"What were you thinking, Nafize?" My mother asked in a panicked voice while pacing back and forth in front of me with her hand on her forehead like she had a headache.

"Bringing that woman here? She's a criminal for Allah's sake, she kidnapped your sister's daughter, Humasah Hanim Sultan" She said turning to look at me with an angry glare on her face

"Bringing that woman here? She's a criminal for Allah's sake, she kidnapped your sister's daughter, Humasah Hanim Sultan" She said turning to look at me with an angry glare on her face. Mustafa was sat on a sofa without saying a word.

"Mother, they think she's dead," I said pointing at the said woman who was standing to the side with my husband.

"Besides no offense she's unrecognizable," I said standing up as she glared harder at me. I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window.

"I thought you came here as a fresh start and wanting to start a new life," Mustafa said speaking for the first time also standing up and looking at me with a face full of disappointment.

"Mustafa, I will not let anyone disrespect me in any way and stay quiet," I said back with a half glare. How could he think that I would let it go that they hurt me and made me almost lose my precious Suleiman.

 How could he think that I would let it go that they hurt me and made me almost lose my precious Suleiman

"Nafize, send that woman to our father right away" Mustafa ordered gritting his teeth. I shook my head at him feeling tears of frustration fill my eyes. How could he just let them go when they almost got me killed.

"Leave me alone with my sister" Mustafa ordered when he got no answer from me. Our mother tried to fight back but he raised his hand stopping her. They all bowed and left the room.

"Nafize, I want you to live peacefully I don't want you to get mixed with any problems," He said calmly and stepped closer to me placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Mustafa, I'm already too deep in," I said shrugging his hands off, and walked over to the window and looked out as aghas took the horses we arrived on to the stables.

"Nafize, what did you do?" Mustafa asked stepping closer to me turning me around to face him, I raised my eyebrow at the way he was treating me now.

"Nothing," I said with a high pitched voice, that was the fattest lie I have ever told. He looked deeper into my eyes but I looked anywhere but him.