EPILOGUE

I grinned watching as children circled around the tent I was sitting under, my grandchildren. Laughter and happiness were all that we've known for many years. I turned to look down by my feet where my youngest daughter sat watching her nieces and nephews run around, she and her twin had only turned seventeen years old, Hanzade and Mehmed my last children from my second husband, Yahya Taslicali Bey.

I turned and watched as my brother, Sultan Mustafa Khan, walked over with my son Damad Sultanzade Mustafa. My brother eventually warmed up to me again and forgave me for everything I did and our relationship returned to the way it used to be.

My son Mustafa and Hümasah had five children together, Osman, Ahmed, Hatice, Mehmed, and their youngest Mihrimah. Mustafa and Hümasah lived happily together and their life was filled with love and happiness which was what I could as for in life for them and the rest of my children.

Suleiman considered my advice and married Meleki, Nur's daughter who passed away three months after their wedding. Suleiman and Meleki have three children together, Nursah, Halime, and Malkoçoglo. I cried when Suleiman named his only son after his father, it broke my heart knowing Bali Bey was not here witnessing this happiness with me, despite all of our differences he was still the father of my children.

Gevherhan was married off with her permission to Atmaca, my brother's right hand and despite their age difference they were almost perfect for each other and got along very well with each other. It took them a while to conceive considering Atmaca's past trauma with his first family. However, now they have two children together, Osman and Sahihuban.

Rukiye, my most beautiful daughter married for love and after a long struggle, she was able to convince her uncle to let her marry the soldier she fell in love with who was now the captain of the janissaries, Ali Agha. They have three children together, Mustafa and their twins Mehmed and Mahmud.

Then Ibrahim my son, he was a broken-hearted man, he married a woman he loved, Ayse Hatun, who loved poetry and would wake him up to the sound of her poems, their life was happy and filled with laughter, they had three daughters together, Ismihan, Sahihuban, and Beyhan before she died along with their fourth child during childbirth. Since then Ibrahim retired from the army and focused on his daughters. None of his smiles were genuine anymore and he always looked tired and as if he cried himself to sleep ever night even though he was still very young.

The last one of my children with Bali Bey, Ismihan Sultan, the broken piece of my heart and the one I love most for one reason only, she was no longer with us anymore. She married Suleiman pasha when she was sixteen years old and gave birth to their first son a year later, Ahmed and then two years later she had their daughter Hatice however she passed two days after the birth because she wouldn't stop bleeding. Suleiman pasha now raised their children on his own. Ismihan would have been twenty-three this year still young and full of life but Allah took her too early for a reason and I will never question the motives of the almighty.

Hanzade and Mehmed had both just turned seventeen, Hanzade was engaged to be married to the captain of the ottoman seas, Yusuf pasha while Mehmed was not interested in anything other than sword fighting and wars.

"Mother" Mustafa stepped over and took m my hand into his with a smile. He placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand before moving to the side. Mustafa sat down beside me on the throne not bothered that I didn't get up to bow to him.

"My lion" I grinned at him. Before my son could say anything he was attacked by his sons Osman and Ahmed. I laughed as they pulled him toward their siblings and cousins to play alongside Suleiman and Ibrahim.

"How are your sons, Mehmed and Osman in their provinces?" I asked turning to look at my brother

"How are your sons, Mehmed and Osman in their provinces?" I asked turning to look at my brother. Mustafa looked old and tired, the sultanate was not an easy thing and it ate a piece of you each passing day.

"They are alright and waiting impatiently for the Eid so they can visit us" Mustafa answered. I smiled and patted his hand. We both turned and watched the family I created run around us and have fun. This was the family I created and I was proud of every single one of them and I can not ask for more.

I looked up at the sky hoping that Bali and Ismihan were watching us from up above. My eyes trailed back down to Yahya Taslicali who was conversing with Atmaca about something. I thanked Allah every single day that he sent me a man like Yahya, patient and he understood my frustrations before I warmed up to him. He was passionate about what he did for my brother and his poetry. He was a perfect man who deserved better than me but he would always tell me that he was content with this life and couldn't ask for a better one. Yahya treated our shared children like they were saints walking the earth and respected my other children and treated them with love and kindness.

I couldn't ask for a better life and I could only hope for forgiveness and a better afterlife. I, Nefize Sultan, daughter of Sultan Suleiman Khan, the tenth sultan of the Othman empire and Mahidevran sultan. I, Nefize Sultan, sister of Sultan Mustafa Khan, the eleventh Sultan of the Othman Empire. I sinned a lot and my hands are covered in blood only for the greater good and for the survival of the people I loved and cherished. I am the sister who walked through fire and hell for her brother. I am the mother who fought even at her weakest for her children and I will never regret a thing I did no matter how horrible because it had to be done for the greater good. I am the wife of two men who I fell in love with one way or another, they were both my unrequited love.