It Was Her

Ciara's P.O.V.

                          My eyes opened to a bright light, and I groaned and immediately shut them again. I turned away from the sun and tried to ignore the beam of light coming from the window. The bed felt oddly hard. Like the ground. And the room smelled weird. Like the outdoors. Wait...

I opened my eyes again and screamed. I was actually outdoors. Wait, how did I...ohhhhhh. The events from last night came back to me, and I grimaced at the massive headache I had. But, that wasn't the important thing. The important thing was to find my daughter.

After stretching, I stood and took in my surroundings. I was in the middle of a whole lot of trees. And there was a trail where the sunlight streamed from. Curiousity taking over, I made my way to the beginning of the trail, and stepped on something. Looking down, I spotted my phone. I picked it up and pressed the home button many times. It didn't do anything. Dead. I tucked it in my back pocket and continued to the light.

"Ugh," I groaned again as I put my arm in front of my eyes from the light. It was in my eyes, which worsened my headache. I focused my eyes to the ground as I walked, glancing up every so often so I wouldn't bump into anything. The question that was ringing in my head was, "How do I know she's back here?"

How would I know? What makes this pathway trustful? Just because it was a friendly-yet-harsh light makes it the only option. She could have been taken in the darker parts. Yet, my motherly instincts (Corny, I know) tells me to go this way. And 'this way', I will go.

Last night, I remember falling on somebody. Could that somebody be my daughter? I blacked out before I could sit up and make sure. And I couldn't question it because I was surprised at being hit in the back of the head. I soooo did not expcect it. And I bet it was because of the woman I dubbed Raggedy Ann. Who is the one behind all of this.

I was suddenly filled with rage, and I started running down the trail, right in the sun. It was pretty long, but I had a lot of adrenaline from my anger to keep going. I have to find my daughter. I just have to! My life depended on it. If I don't find her, I couldn't live with myself.

I stopped when I reached the end of the trail. Another clearing. But, this one had a bench in front of a tree. A 360° confirmed that I didn't see Kaelynn here at all. I frowned and made my way over to the bench and sat down to think.

What does that woman want with my kids?

That's what doesn't make any sense to me. During Char's many stories, I don't recall them meeting that woman before or anything. I was so confused. How can I protect my children if I don't know what is going on?

I heard rustling leaves, but paid it no mind and continued thinking. "Ciara?"

My head shot up and went to the left. Kaelynn, my beautiful Kaelynn, stood before me. Hair messy, clothes a little torn, and a little dirt on her skin. Nevertheless, it was her.

"Kaelynn?" I questioned, stupidly. On instinct, I hopped up from the bench and just did nothing. I wasn't sure if she was happy to see me or not, considering everything that's happened yesterday.

Judging by her stumbling towards me, she wanted me to be near her atleast. Which was my cue to start moving as well. It started off as a walk, then a jog, which escalated into a run. We both ran towards each other until I got close enough to pick her up. Our arms locked onto each other as we embraced. And Kaelynn cried. She was actually crying. Were they happy? Sad? Frustrated? Which ever one they were, I tried to comfort her, talking in her ear and stroking her hair. That's what works for me, so I figured I tried it on her. Her sobs became sniffles, and I sat her down. She wasn't that heavy, to be honest. Super light, like Char.

I motioned to the bench, and we both walked over to it. Kaelynn made sure to stay close to me, and I put a protective arm around her. I can't let her disappear right from under me. Not again will that happen.

"What happened?" I asked once we sat down. "Are you okay?"

Kaeynn nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay."

"I'm so sorry," I said, my voice cracking unintentionally. I didn't want all of this to happen. And it wouldn't have if I kept my big mouth shut.

"...It was her."

When I heard those words, I looked straight into her eyes. "That woman?"

"Yeah. I was lost, because I was talking to my friend. And it was dark outside. So, I tried to find my way back, when someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. I tried to scream, but couldn't. She was like 'Shut up! Don't scream!' And my throat started to hurt, so I stopped. Then I slapped her hand away and asked 'What are you doing here?' And she said something like for me and Char, because she likes children. And she kidnaps them and raises them for a living.

"I didn't want to go with her, no matter if I was mad at you or not. So, I screamed. And she dragged me into the woods and tried to make me be quiet. By hitting me in the back of my head with something. I heard you call my name, but couldn't answer. When I heard you talking in the phone, I wanted to say something so bad, but couldn't. Then, I felt something fall onto my back--"

"It was me," I concluded.

"Oh. Well, you fell on my back. When I woke up, the woman dragged me off in the trees, but I was dizzy, so I couldn't tell where we were going in particular. And that's where she revealed everything to me. How she poisoned Char, and followed us everywhere. Because she wanted us to be her next set of 'Play 'em and Kill 'em'. Her words not mine. Then, I did my best to fight her, and ran away. I saw you here, and...yeah."

All I could do was pull Kaelynn into another loving hug. "We have to put her in jail," I muttered into her hair.

"I know," she said back.

I rubbed her back and we just stayed there for a minute or two. "It's sad, knowing there are lots of twisted people like her in the world," Kaelynn spoke up.

"I know. We should go. Char and Brian are probably worried."

When I mentioned Brian's name, I heard a little sigh emit from her, but paid it no mind. We both almost made our way out of the little area when we were stopped. That red hair, those gleaming eyes, that messed up smile. Who else could it be?

None other than the Raggedy Ann herself.

A/N: Personally, I think this is my favorite chapter of the story by far. There's not a lot of dialogue, and there's more of Ciara's thought in there.

I know you are probably tired of this ongoing fanfic, and just want it to end already and get to the stupid ending that I keep talking about, so you won't have to deal with me anymore. Well, your wait won't be long, because I'll end this thing around 40 or 50-something chapters. And MAYBE there will be a sequel.

But, check out Mother like no Other. Another 8 Flavahz Family story. I've only got three chapters so far because I was too busy concentrating on this story. XD The current cover for that is in the media.

I just realize I use the same words over and over. I don't want to become an author when I grow up, so just bare with me.

So...yeah.

FlavahzNation Forever!