Jepardy

Ciara's P.O.V.

Charlize was getting better, she started to remember things more, and that excited Kaelynn and I. Char's starting school again, and I was resuming my career. My fans are probably not that worried, since I took a whole year off to relax. But, my manager is a different story. Jeff, my manager (A/N: Lets just pretend), and I had an argument concerning my sudden disappearance. In the end, I won. I mean, it's just as if I was in a coma instead. But, he seemed pretty heated.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You need to see this," he responded, handing me a magazine.

My eyes immediately went to the headline, and I gasped. 'Ciara's Undercover Kids?', it read, with a picture of Kaelynn, Char, and I when we were in New York. You could see my face clearly, a little of Kaelynn's, but Char had her head down. I threw the magazine against the wall, and put my head in my hands. This isn't what I wanted. I never wanted to involve my kids in my hectic life, with the paparazzi, and the lies. It'll be too much for them. But, I wasn't too careful, and I cursed myself for that.

"Nope. Read it," Jeff demanded, giving the magazine back to me.

I opened it to the correct page, and my eyes widened. There was a picture of Char when she was having a seizure, but Kaelynn was bent over her, luckily. You couldn't see their faces, but they also had a picture of me crying onstage. And there were multiple of us getting into the ambulance, but without a descriptive face, thankfully. The story made me choke back a sob. No, it wasn't because it was lying. But, because it was true. All about how they have lived with me for months, and about them getting adopted, and Char's seizure, and about us being in the hospital. It was all true.

"I told you to be more careful, Ciara."

I lifted my head and tried to fight off the tears. "H-how--"

"'How' they did it is not important. Knowing that they did it is. Now, what did I tell you? Didn't I tell you not to go parading them around like they're a gold medal?"

"B-but, I--"

"No buts. You cannot be seen with them in public. This is going to ruin your career, so no more family outings. Got it?"

I nodded.

"Good. Now, get into the booth. We have lots of recording to do."

That whole day I was off. I would forget the lyrics, say the wrong things, or just space out completely. Jeff got more upset, and had to yell at me twice to get focused. I couldn't go outside to get fresh air, so I had to feel like I was in an oven the entire time.

Kaelynn and Charlize were on my mind all day. Because of me, they're involved in my publicity. And that is a very bad thing. I actually thought I could hide them forever. My intentions were to hide them forever. Obviously that failed. And I failed at being a responsible mother. I put our social lives in jepardy.

And it's all my fault.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I may update another one just for y'all. My original chapter was suposed to be longer, but it all got deleted, so I had to wing it. Thanks for the reads and votes, guys! I hope this gets to 1k! And that's Char's cat, Zesty.
FlavahzNation Forever!