Mike's Story

Ciara's P.O.V.

Kaelynn's face fell even more than it already was, and a confused look seeped onto her face. "What?"

"Mike's...dead." I dreaded the day the topic of their father will come up, more than the day I told them I was their mother. But, I knew I would have to face them one day.

It hurts to talk about him. I've loved him so much, he was my world. And I was his. You couldn't see one without the other. And the connection we had? Sounds almost unreal. People were jealous of our relationship, and that's what lead to the most depressing day of my life.

"How?" Kaelynn asked.

I hated talking about the story of his death, but I'm sure he wanted me to tell them. "I'll start from the beginning. Mike and I were...perfect for each other. We loved each other very much, and we couldn't be separated. We started dating in Junior High, in the seventh grade, all the way to the eleventh grade. People were jealous of us. They loved us, but not together. Because all we were focused on was each other. Which lead to...your birth. Then Char's. And...you know all of that.

"So, it got to a point that people were so jealous, so infuriated at us being together, it took over them. They wanted us to be broken up. For good. It started out as little rumours and lies, which escalated into something far worse. Rage took over the people.

"One evening, Mike and I were taking a walk. Eating ice cream, to celebrate another victory of basketball, because he was a player. And I was a cheerleader. The day was so nice, so warm, and the atmosphere was great. It was a day I'd never forget. A great big car sped out of nowhere after us. He recognized the car and told me to run, and he would be right behind me. I did, and I held his hand as we ran.

"'Go ahead!' he told me. 'I'll be right there!' he told me. I shouldn't have listened to him...I should have stayed with him..."

My crying interrupted my story, and I saw Kaelynn cry too. Not just a few tears either. Full-out streams.

"They shot him. I know because I heard them and turned around. He laid on the ground, not dead yet. I ran over and bent down beside him. I pleaded for him to not die on me. We were supposed to have a future together, with our kids. And you know what his last words were, besides 'I love you'?"

Obviously, Kaelynn shook her head.

"He said to 'Take care of my girls. And tell them I love them.' He said those exact words before he died on my lap. And I am not making this up, because that would just be sick and cruel."

Kaelynn wiped her eyes, before looking at me again.

"And you know who did it?" I asked.

"Who?"

"Our own friends. Mad that they couldn't accept our happiness. That's why I keep to myself a lot. Keep everything on the down-low."

Kaelynn sniffed and turned her head. "That's not right..." she whispered.

I did the motherly thing and pulled her to my chest. She didn't resist, but curled herself in a ball on my lap. The same lap Mike died.

***

"Here's a picture of him," I said, showing Kaelynn and Char a picture of their dad in his basketball jersey.

"Char looks a lot like him," Kaelynn commented, grabbing the picture as I dug around in the metallic box for more pictures.

I decided to tell Charlize about the whole father situation, and was surprised at her reaction. Of course she cried, otherwise she would be heartless, but she wasn't angry or all that upset that I hid all of these things from her. Again, the word disappointed came up, and I felt really bad. Yet, she had said "I love you so much, and I'm proud to call you my mom. No matter what happened in the past, nor the secrets you kept, that will always stay true. I am disappointed that you hid all of this, but it was for a good reason."

"She really does," I agreed with Kaelynn, smiling. Such a nice little family moment.

Charlize finally looked at the picture and tilted her head to the side. "From this point of view, he looks like KayKay!"

I laughed a little and gasped at two photos I had. "Awwwww! Look at you two!"

It was pictures of Char and Kaelynn when they were younger. School pictures and everything. I had them from the day I had went to fill out the adoption form, not the actual day I came and picked them up.

"I had big cheeks!" Kaelynn exclaimed, examining her picture.

"I look soooooo cute!" Char stated. She does seem self-absorbed at times.

I dug around a bit and found another picture with Mike and I in it. It was of our first date to the movies to watch a horror film. Even though we were both extremely tall, he looked like a giant compared to me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I heard Kaelynn ask. She's ask me that a lot lately.

I realized that I was tearing up, and wiped my eyes. "Yeah. I'm good. Just...seeing this picture brought back memories." I handed her the picture of Mike and I, and continued digging through the box.

"You look so much like me!" Kaelynn claimed.

I chuckled and continued looking around. More pictures of the girls and Mike. God, I wished he could have met the girls. They remind me so much of him, especially Char. Them two are so active and optimistic. Atleast I have two reminders of him to live with everyday for the rest of my life.

A/N: Still not the end. I have two more places for them to visit before I can set up the ending for you lovely peoples.
There's pictures of Char and Kaelynn when they were younger.
Annnnnd, I love you guys for the reads and votes!

FlavahzNation Forever!