I Still Love You

Ciara's P.O.V.

                          We were on our second trip of the summer, which was at another lake. But, we weren't going swimming, just walking around and observing. Kaelynn had an attitude, because she walked a few paces behind me. Char was on one side of me, while Brian was on the other. Yeah, Brian and I have gotten along pretty well, and we may have gone out on a few dates or so.

Kaelynn has been acting really different lately. It was like she was back to her old self. No, worse. She wouldn't talk to me anymore, and just didn't show any liking towards me. That didn't stop me from figuring out was wrong with her. She hates Brian. By the way she looks at him says it all.

Char has gotten along with him better than I imagined. She hung out with him whenever I had to go to work or run some errands, and they've been delightful together. Or so I've heard. She can befriend anyone. I love her personality. I can see myself in her. Both of them, actually.

"Look at the ducks, Ciara!" Charlize pointed out, across the body of water.

A little family of ducks were swimming and dunking their heads under the water. "They are so cute!" I commented, bending down to watch them better.

Brian's hand rested on my upper back as he bent down next to us. All but Kaelynn was watching the cute ducks doing ducky things.

"Kaelynn, come watch!" Char said, motioning for her older sister to come watch.

"I am," she bluntly responded. I looked over to see her on her phone. Teenagers.

When the ducks were out of sight, we sat down on the bank, under a tree that hung over us. Kaelynn sat on the other side of the tree, basically ignoring us.

'Is she okay?" Brian muttered to me.

"I don't know. But I will find out."

"Want us to leave?" He nodded his head towards Char.

"Please?"

Brian stood up and motioned for Char to follow him, and they walked away, talking and joking around.

"Kaelynn?" I called.

She didn't move.

"Kaelynn? Please, I have to talk to you."

A few moments passed before I heard a sigh from the teen. She walked over to me and plopped herself beside me. A small smile played on my face as I looked at her in the face.

"What's wrong?" I soflty asked.

Kaelynn shook her head.

"Kaelynn," I warned.

"I don't like Brian," she rushed.

This didn't faze me at all, surprisingly. I could read Kaelynn like a book. "And why don't you like him?"

She muttered something, but I didn't catch it. "What was that?"

"You never spend time with me..." she murmured, not looking at me.

My face fell at what she just said. I don't spend time with her anymore? That's impossible! I've always wanted to spend time with her! "I'm not understanding."

"Ever since Brian came along, all your focus has been on him. You talk to him, you talk about him, you even talk for him sometimes. And Char just gets along with everyone! Which leaves me out of place. The way you act towards me isn't the same...You never ask me how my day is...or if I was okay...or what I want to do today. He's more important than me..."