Researching

Kaelynn's P.O.V.

"Okay, I'll be right back, guys," I said to Tiara and Tamara, who sat in Tiara's car. I had left a textbook home, and Ti drove me here so I could get it.

I unlocked the door with the key Ciara gave me, and walked inside. "Hello?" I called. No response.

"Ciara? Char?" I shouted. Tyson and Georgia greeted me, and I gave them quick pats. Apparently, they went somewhere. Great.

I got my textbook from my room, and was about to get out the house when I noticed Ciara's room cracked open. I've never went in her room before, and I had a sudden urge to be in there. Note: I still don't like her. Her room smelled if jasmine, and I inhailed it through my nostrils, as if I was using and inhailer through my mouth. It smelled good!

I placed the heavy Algebra textbook on the bed, and looked around the room. Everything was neat and organized, which I liked, because I hate untidy and messy. There were pictures hanging on the wall, some consisting of her family, her friends, and her and Charlize. There was even one she got of Charlize and I while I was sleeping! I chuckled at how my sister looked, then continued looking around. I tripped over a box, and leaned against the wall. The metallic box intrigued me, and I was interested in knowing what was inside. Unfortunantly, it had a lock on it. Fortunantly, I knew how to pick locks! Okay, some of our past foster parents locked their food away from Char and I, so I taught myself how to pick locks so we can eat.

The small clicked informed me that the mystery box was unlocked. This is NOT snooping! I'm just researching. In Ciara's things. I lifted the lid before gazing into the box. Papers and pictures were in little stacks, some with rubber bands around them. There was one picture of a small baby, that I couldn't stop looking at. Judging from the picture, the baby was a few weeks old. This may sound crazy, but it looked oddly like Charlize. I put the picture back, and dug a bit more. I came across another picture. It was a different baby, and she looked a few months old. I blinked my eyes a few times before inspecting the picture again. The baby looked so much like me. The features of her face was so familiar. But, it couldn't be. Why?

I jumped because my phone vibrated, signalling a text.

'Where are you???' The text from Ti said.

Crap. I hadn't realize how long I've been up here, snoop-I mean, researching- through Ciara's stuff. Quickly, I put everything in its respectful place, grabbed my textbook, and rushed out of Ciara's room. I ran down the stairs to the front door, where I closed and locked it. Them pictures had me shook up as I slid back into Ti's car.

"What took you so long?" Tamara asked from the backseat.

"Did you forget where you put your texrbook?" Tiara teased, driving out of the driveway.

"Yeah," I lied with a false laugh.

A/N: Picture mentioned there. Sorry for another short chapter. But, I wrote this at midnight, while I had a headache. So...yeah.