Round Two of Swimming

Kaelynn's P.O.V.

                                        The cool breeze blew my black hair out of my face as I stared into the body of water in front of me. Char was already in, wading around and examining everything she sees with a squeal. Ciara--er, Mom-- was beside me, and I knew she was waiting for me to move or do anything.

"KayKay, the water's not going to bite," she teased, poking me in the arm.

"I know that! It's just...I'm cold?"

"Not an excuse. Get in there, or I'll do it for you."

"Okay, okay, fine! Miss Bossy-pants." I stepped into the water, and a blast of coldness shot up my leg.

"What was that?" Mom was now in the water, which was up to her thighs.

"Nothing," I quickly covered, trying to ignore the feeling of the cold. Along with the uneasiness.

I've been feeling uneasy since we've been on this trip. I've informed Mom about it, and she appeared more alert about it this time. I guess she doesn't want a repeat of what happened the other day.

Once my legs were completely submerged underwater, I just stood there and tried to get used to the coldness.

"C'mon, KayKay! Don't be such a baby," Charlize taunted playfully as she splashed water into the air.

I stuck my tongue out at her and crossed my arms. "It's just cold, you Ding-Dong!"

Char gasped. "Oh my gosh, I love those things!"

"What don't you love," I muttered under my breath.

Finally, the water was warming up, so I decided to go a little deeper. Little did I know, Mom was nowhere to be found. I stared out to the rest of the water until I felt someone yank on my leg, which gave way, and I fell backwards into the water. Now that I have the proper attire on, I was a little more alright with it. The last time this happened, I was only in my underwear, which felt uncomfortable.

On instinct, my eyes closed and I tried not to breathe. Somebody tapped me on the shoulder, and I squinted my eyes to see my mom and sister waving at me, with their eyes almost fully opened. Char laughed, sending a big bubble to the surface of the water. Mom motioned for me to follow her and Char, in which I did. We swam around for a bit before resurfacing.

"Did you keep up?" Mom asked.

"Yeahhhh," I asked, unsure of why she was asking. "Where are we going?"

"Nowhere. I'm teaching you how to swim."

I remembered when we were in that forest-type place that I haven't fully mastered the concept of swiming. And here they were, trying to teach me again? That was too sweet.

"Thank you," I thanked, beaming.

"Just one of the many things I wanted to do with y'all. Ya know, since I haven't done anything for you in your lives, and I feel so bad about it."

"It's okay...we understand why you did it..." I patted her arm in a comforting way.

After swiming around a little more, Char randomly asks, "Did our dad used to be a good swimmer?"

"Yep. He was one of the best I've ever known," our mom anwsered.

That had me thinking for some reason. I told Char to go swim around, which she gratefully did.

"Did Brian ask a lot of questions about our dad?" I mumbled, loud enough for Mom to hear.

"Well...sort of," she responded in the equally quiet voice. "He asked how he died and what happened after he died. And while I was talking about it, he looked...tense."

"...I don't like this. At all."

"I'm starting to not to either."

"There's something about him that's not right. And I'm going to find out."

A few moments of silence passed, a somewhat nice silence. Out of nowhere, my sister pops out the water, causing me to scream as my heart jumped out of my chest.

"WHAT THE HECK, CHAR?!?" I shouted in surprise, slightly angry.

Char smirked before turning to our mom. "Hey, Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Where's our dad's grave?"

Mom's face fell a little once Char asked that. "...Well, he's in L.A., actually."

"When we go back, can we visit him?"

She looked very uncomfortable, and I wanted to scold Char, until she said, "Yeah. We can visit him."

A/N: Okay, two more chapters left, people! Or maybe three. I don't know!

Thank you for the views and the voting  and the commenting!

There's their swimsuits and they place that they went.

FlavahzNation Forever!