The Article

Kaelynn's P.O.V.

I felt a lot better knowing Char is awake and remembering more things. She retells Ciara things that she has already told before the incident, and Ciara just nods and gives the same reaction she did the first time she was told. I was more than happy that Ciara hasn't given up hope that Char's memory would return, and that she was actually helping Char with remembering the stuff she forgot.

When I went to school on Monday, I was met with Tamara, Tiara, and Jaira. Tam had a magazine clutched in her fist, and she looked extremely worried.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Have you looked at any magazine lately?" Tam asked.

"No. Not really. Why?"

She shoved the entertaining material in my face, and my eyes widened when I saw the cover. "'Undercover Kids'?" I questioned. I opened it to the correct page and began reading.

"We found it in a girl's hands," Jaira informed.

"What did you do, snatch it out of her hands?" I asked, my eyes not leaving the page.

"No, I paid her ten bucks for it," Tiara piped up.

Once I finished reading, I looked up at my best friends. "Howtheheckdotheyknowthis?" I asked in a low and very fast voice.

"We don't know!" Tam said.

I ran my hands through my hair, a habit I have formed recently. "Holy crap."

"Hey. Atleast they don't have your name."

"If they found all of this out already, they're bound to know our names. It won't take long for them to find out. This is bad. Very bad!"

"Don't freak out!" Tiara put an arm around my shoulder. "Nobody knows but us. Okay?"

"But, they can be anywhere! They could be listening to us as we speak!"

"Don't get paranoid just yet," Jaira said. "We'll wait for them to back off and leave you alone. You just can't be seen in public together, is all."

I slowly nodded. "Yeah. Okay. Fine."

~

"CIARAWHATTHEHECKISGOINGON?!?" I shouted.

She stood from the couch she was sitting on. "Oh, don't tell me--"

"Yes, I saw the article! How do they know this?"

Ciara ran her hands through her blonde locks. "I...don't know, Kaelynn. I just...don't."

I had texted Ciara and we agreed that Tam and Ti were going to give me a ride home, and Camren's mom gave Char one. For the sake that the paparazzi won't catch us, she'll drop us off in the mornings, but won't pick us up.

"I swear I tried to be careful," Ciara continued, her voice breaking. "I thought I was doing alright. Apparently, I'm wrong. I can't do anything right!"

"Why are they after her?" Charlize asked, confusion spread across her features.

"She's a star, Char. She sings and dances and acts. Sort of like you!"

Char nodded in understanding.

Ciara plopped herself back on the couch. "I'm sorry, girls. I truly am. I've dragged y'all into all this."

"Not yet," I corrected.

"Huh?"

"They don't know who Char and I are. They don't have names. And who even said this was all true?"

"But...it is true."

"Ciara, magazines lie. Tabloids lie. Everything that people read these days lie. How would people know if it's the truth? We can deny it."

"I don't like lying."

"No. We just...keep our mouths shut. Don't answer any questions. It won't be considered lying."

Ciara seemed to consider the thought. "I guess we can do that. Lay low for a while. Until this all blows over."

I sat my bookbag by the door, and sat in between Char and Ciara. They both hugged me, and I hugged them back. Like an intimate family moment. And...I kinda like it.

A/N: Here's another chapter, just for y'all! You better be happy!
Random picture(s) of CharChar and KayKay.