The Doctor's Ways

Ciara's P.O.V.

                    "Sorry, about that," I apologized to the doctor, with a smile.

"Eh, you don't want them to know that you're their moth--"

"No. And I would like it if you could please keep your voice down, Dr...."

"Dr. Kent." He answered with a smile. I took in his whole look. His skin was a yellowish-brown color, and he had green eyes. He was slightly taller than me, which means I am able to pin him to the ground with his hands behind his back. I do not like him.

"Okay, Dr. Kent. Tell me what I don't know," I said, sassily.

"Well...her blood pressure is high, blood sugar is low, and she has a coma."

"A coma?!?" I almost yelled. I hated the way he just told me that. As if he was only going down a list for groceries. It made me sick.

Dr. Kent nodded. "Yes, a coma. And she may be in it for...a few weeks, I guess."

I gripped my hair and let out a huge breath. My hands returned to my sides, and I took a few deep breaths before giving the doctor my full attention once again. "A few weeks?!?"

"Yes, Ms. Harris. And when she wakes up, there may be a slight chance that her memory is a bit hazy."

My face fell more, if that's even possible. "She may not remember me."

Dr. Kent shook his head. "I'm afraid not, ma'am. It's about a 50/50 chance."

Oh my gosh. Oh...my...gosh...No way, there is no way  that this is happening, that it's true. I bit my bottom lip to hold back the tears that threatened to escape. I can't break down in front of all these people.

He wrote something on a piece of paper, folded it up, and handed it to me. "I'm sorry," he said before walking away.

I opened the slip of paper to reveal a phone number with "Call Me " in sloppy hand writing. Are you freaking serious? I clenched my teeth as I stared down the hallway at the back of his bald head. It took all my will-power to not run after him and attack. How could he have the nerve to give me his stupid phone number after he gave me extremely bad news? I ripped the number up and left it on the floor.

"Hey."

I looked up to see a janitor that was about his mid-fourties eyeing me. I grimaced as I caught a whiff of a vile stench.

"Pick that up," he demanded in a rude voice.

Instead of listening, I opened the door to my room. "Bite me," I hissed, slipping in and closing the door securely behind me.

"...I know she cares about you, Char. She actually cried because of the condition you're in. She blamed herself, Char..."

Kaelynn was sitting beside her coma-induced sister, talking to her. I don't even know if she knows I'm in here.

"...And now she's here. I hope it's not bad news."

Really? I guess she did know I was in here. She turned to face me.

An uneasy smile was placed on my face. "Well...Dr. Kent told me that Charlize has a high blood pressure and low blood sugar..." I trailed off.

Kaelynn sighed a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank God! I thought something was wrong with her! Wait 'til I tell her when she wakes up!"

I gulped. "Kaelynn...that's not all."

Her smile ummediately faded. My heart started to hurt at her face.

"She's...she's in a coma. A-and it will last a few weeks...Sh-she may also not r-remember us--"

"WHAT?!?" Kaelynn screamed. Her scream was loud, and it caused me to wince.

"Kaelynn, please calm--"

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN IF MY SISTER WON'T REMEMBER ME???"

I ran my hand through my hair. "There's a 50% chance that she won't have memory loss!"

Yeah. As if that helped.

Kaelynn's sobs filled the room, and I felt even worse since I told her the news. I silently cried by the door, wiping every tear away as if they didn't exist.

A/N: What the doctor would look like. He looks high to me!