That Doctors Appointment we All Dread

Inspired my an incorrect quote I wrote earlier in this book

Tw: drawing blood, passing out, needles, minor cursing
...

"I don't wanna go draw blood,"  Virgil whined as Roman had to practically drag him to the car.

"To bad. You're due so we need to go," Roman said.

"I'm hungry."

"That's why we set the appointments early so you don't have to wait all day to eat," Roman said.

"I'm tired," Virgil complained

"You can sleep after you get this over with."

Eventually they were both in the car driving to the doctor's office, Virgil complaining the whole time.

When the finally arrived at the doctors office, that feeling that Virgil always got had gotten worse. Something of a combination of nerves and hunger.

"Now, if you feel like you're going to pass out, just let me know," Roman said, putting a hand on Viegil's thigh. Virgil smiled slightly.

"I will. I end up doing it every time."

And with that they both got out of the car and walked into the office. They signed in and sat in the waiting room. Virgil closed his eyes, leaning his head on Roman's shoulder as the latter calmly stroked Virgil's hair.

"I feel sick," Virgil said. "I hate it."

"I know, love. It's not fun," Roman said.

Virgil's name was called, and both he and Roman went into the back of the office.

"Okay, so it says here on your chart that you tend to pass out a lot when drawing blood. Is that correct?" The nurse said.

"Yes," Virgil said, taking deep breaths and trying to avoid the sickness he felt in his stomach.

"Okay, if you feel bad just let me or Dr. Kessa know," the nurse said again. She left and Virgil and Roman waited for the doctor to come in.

After a few minutes that seemed to drag on like hours, Dr. Kessa finally came in.

"Hello Messers Crown, it is lovely to see you both," they said.

"Wish I could say the same," Virgil said as he slumped over the side of the chair.

"Vee, you are almost done. It takes like three minutes," Roman said, placing a hand on his husband's shoulder.

"Okay then, we'll get you fixed up and then you should be good to go," Dr. Kessa said.

The long and agonizing process of preparing Virgil for the blood actually being drawn began. At least, it was way to long for Virgil.

Then came the moment that Virgil dreaded most of all. He squeezed his eyes shut as Dr. Kessa took the shiny silver needle and pushed it into his vein. He felt a slight prick, but that was all.

Then came the nausea.

Virgil's head fell against his shoulder. He mumbled a few things Roman couldn't understand,

"Vee? You okay?"

"I'm not okaaaaay, you wear me out," Virgil mumbled in response.

"Just hold in a bit longer. They're almost done," Roman said, stroking Viegil's hair.

"...gave them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,"

The doctor chuckled.

"Gave them all that they can drink and it has never be enough, so give them blood, blood, blooood," Virgil mumbled, his head lolled to the side. "I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

And with that Virgil was out cold.

Roman tried to gently shake him away, but to no avail. He sighed.

"Well shit."
...

Alright I had an idea and I wrote it.