Pools (Prinxiety)

Yay! I have 16,000 words in my book! I've never written this much in one story lol. If I stay on my 2,000 words per day, I should have 18k by the end of the day and 20k tomorrow. Anyway, I need to update so here's this.

Tw: mentions of past self-harm,
...

Roman came up from under the water, taking a big gulp of air before plunging back under. It had been forever since everyone had gotten together to swim.

The pool in the mindscape was huge, about a big as an Olympic swimming pool. Everyone except Virgil was in the pool. Logan and Patton were sitting in the shallow end, just talking. Remus and Janus were doing whatever they were doing near the deep end, and Roman was swimming laps.

Virgil was just sitting off to the side. He still had his hoodie on despite the heat.

Roman wrinkled his nose.

"Panic! At The Everywhere, why don't you come in?" He shouted. Virgil looked up from his phone and glanced around, a look of unease on his face.

"I'm more than happy sitting here, Ro," Virgil called back. Roman shrugged, feeling a slight blush dust his cheeks at the nickname. He continued to swim, hoping no one would see his blush.
...

It had gotten dark, and only the lights around the pool made things visible. Roman was out cleaning up the pool. He turned his head quickly when he saw another form walk through the pool area.

He considered calling out to them, bud didn't. He was in the far corner, enveloped in a veil of shadows. Calling out to the person may scare them, and Roman didn't want to do that.

He saw the figure take off their shirt and dive into the deep end of the pool. When they came back up, the light allowed Roman to see that it was Virgil.

Virgil swam around the pool, leaving Roman entrapped. Roman continued sweeting away the leaves at the corner of the pool to distract himself.

Virgil must have heard him, because he got out of the pool. He grabbed a towel, wrapping around his back and arms similar like that of a cape. He started walking to the gate, but Roman stepped out and stopped him.

"Hey, Hit Topic," Roman said. Virgil jumped, pulling the towel around him tighter.

"Yeah, hi Roman," Virgil said, not meeting Roman's eyes. Roman furrowed his brow.

"Are you okay, Virgil?" He asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Virgil said curtly, trying for walk past Roman. Trying to stop him, Roman put a hand on his shoulder, and Virgil froze. The towel fell down past his shoulder, and Roman gasped.

Scars littered Virgil's skin, disappearing down into the towel.

"Virgil," Roman said softly. Virgil turned around, tears in his eyes. Roman led him to the pool chairs, Virgil following along without complaint.

They both sat down on the pool chairs facing one another.

"Virgil, can you put the towel down?" Roman asked gently. Virgil shook, tears cascading down his face. Roman gently took the towel, setting it beside Virgil.

Scars were drawn everywhere on Virgil's arms. Roman looked at them. There were no new ones, thank the heavens.

"I-I've been clean for two months no," Virgil breathed. Roman looked up at him, tears in both of their eyes. Roman took a breath.

"Virgil, we love you. Don't ever forget that," Roman said. "I love you."

Virgil looked up.

"You l-love me?" He asked through tears. Roman looked at him and nodded. Virgil stood up and sat next to Roman, burying his face in Roman's neck.

Roman put an arm around Virgil. Virgil flinched, but relaxed into Roman's touch. They sat like that for what felt like an eternity in comfortable silence before Virgil spoke.

"I love you too, Ro," he breathed. He lifted his head up and Roman pressed his forehead to Virgil's. Roman put a hand on Virgil's face, holding him gently.

"May I?" He said, the words barely coming out of his mouth.

"Go ahead, Prince Charming," Virgil said. He closed the gap, catching Roman's lips in his own.

Right then, they wished the night would never end.

- • - - • - • - - - • • - • • • - • - -
- - • • • - - • - - • • • - - • • - • - • • • • •
• - - • - • •
- • - - - - • • - - - • • - • • - - • - - • - -
• - - • • - • - • • • • •
So yep. Don't really know what else to say. 711 words.

• - - • • • - - • - • • - - - • • - -