Hidden (Prinxiety, slight Logicality)

Human au I guess? Idk what to call it.

Feathering a blink and you'll miss it appearance of Remy and Emile and two of my sides!

(5518 words)

Tw: censored cursing, sexual innuendo, homophobia :(, threat of conversion therapy (pained me to write). panic attack/crying, making out.

...

Virgil sat at his desk, silently panicking as the teacher passed out a slip of paper. It was the information page for the Identity Test.

A simple potion that when taken, would change your eye color to the flag that matches your sexuality and gender, and would appear back to their normal color with contacts. If you were straight, your left eye would stay the same color. If you were cisgender, your right eye would stay the same. It was so simple, and it helped so many people figure out who they were.

But it was also so dangerous.

Because the world isn't perfect. It isn't filled with acceptance and love. There is still the painful truth that there are hateful people out there.

Virgil's parents were not part of the accepting group. They were under the false impression that, although being proven untrue, the Identity Test potion made people lgbtq.

But Virgil already knew he was different from their view. He knew he was lgbtq, he just didn't know what to call himself yet. He wanted the familiarity and comfort a label provided, but at what cost?

The teacher finally reached Virgil's desk and put a paper on it. She had pink, purple, and blue eyes. She had never been afraid to cover them up. She smiled at Virgil, having known to a small extent what his parents were like; mainly from when she met his parents and they insisted that she wore contacts.

She made a point to never wear contacts.

"If you need anywhere to go, I'm always open," She said quietly. Virgil weakly smiled back and nodded.

As the teacher walked away, he turned his attention to the papers.

Every year on May Thirty-first, everyone who turned seventeen in the last year is given contacts and the Identity Test potion. Flip to page three for more information on the potion and contacts.

Virgil read on, occasionally glancing around the classroom. Across the class, the sisters Amandine and Lilith were joking around, albeit quietly. They would flick bits of erasers and balled up paper at each other.

The smartly dressed Logan sat behind them, annoyed. He was actually trying to read.

It felt like an eternity passed before the bell rang. Virgil quickly stuffed his papers into his backpack, probably crumpling them to the bottom.

Slinging the bag over his shoulder, he walked out of the class.

"Salutations, Virgil, correct?" A voice said behind Virgil. Virgil turned around to see Logan.

"Yeah. Logan, right?" Virgil said. Logan nodded.

"Would you like to attend the 'Hidden Prom', as it is called?" Logan asked. The Hidden Prom was a masquerade ball the school held the day after the Identity Test has been performed. People would make themselves completely unidentifiable and just show off their eyes, their pride.

"Are you asking me to go with you?" Virgil asked, suspiciously. He really didn't want a relationship at the moment. Logan calmly shook his head.

"No, not at all. I do not find a point in going on dates or having a romantic partner," Logan said. "My friend Roman requested for me to ask around and 'go on a quest to obtain knights for the royal ball'," Logan continued, putting up air quotes. "Did I use those correctly?"