I Have Something To Tell You (Prinxiety)

Tw- crying, some censored cursing

Human au I guess?

Roman stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom. He and his boyfriend Virgil were on vacation, and decided to go on a date to a fancy restaurant. Roman was wearing a wine red suit white gold details. In one of his pockets he had a special box. He fished the black box out of his pocket and fiddled with if for a second before opening it. Inside, there was a silver ring with a large black diamond surrounded by smaller purple diamonds on it. Tonight was the night. Roman closed the box and put it back in his pocket. Taking a deep breath, he exited the bathroom.

The restaurant was large, and Virgil sat at a table by a huge window that overlooked a garden, currently covered in snow. He was wearing a black suit with purple details. Virgil was leaning over the table looking at his phone. When he saw Roman approach, he perked up.

"The waitress came by while you were in the bathroom and asked for what drinks we wanted," Virgil said as Roman sat down.

"Mhm," Roman said, barely hearing Virgil through his own beating heart.

"I got you a hot chocolate, extra whipped cream, with rainbow sprinkles," Virgil continued. Roman chuckled.

"You know me so well," he said. Then, he took a deep breath. "I have something to tell you."

Virgil raised one of his eyebrows.

"I do too," he said, looking down at his hands. "You go first."

Roman nodded, and pulled the box out of his pocket. He opened it, and spoke,

"Virgil Black, you are the love of my life. We have been through thick and thin together, and it couldn't make me happier, my love, if you would marry me?" Roman said, his voice slightly trembling. He looked to Virgil, who had a shocked expression. The emo sank his head onto the table, and covered it with his arms.

"F***. F***. F***. I should have gone first. I really should have gone first," He muttered. Roman felt his heart crack. Virgil raised his head, his eyes slightly puffy, and put his hand on Roman's.

"Roman..." he said sympathetically. Roman's face fell.

Then, with his other hand, Virgil pulled a red velvet box out, and opened it. Inside was a gold ring with a bright red, fire like ruby.

"You stole my proposal!" Virgil said. Roman smiled goofily, relived.

"I take it that's a yes?" Was all Roman could say. Virgil rolled his eyes and let out a rare, genuine smile.

"Of course you idiot," he said. Roman now had tears running down his face, and he pulled Virgil in for a kiss. Their lips connected, and it felt like the most magical kiss they had ever shared. When they broke apart, they each slipped the rings over the other's finger.

Roman was a wreck. He was crying, and laughing, and radiating with pure joy.

"Stop crying! You're gonna make me cry and this makeup was forty bucks!" Virgil said, tears welling in his eyes. Various "congratulations" could be heard from around the building, along with clapping.

"I love you, Ro," Virgil said, looking at Roman with a look of pure love.

"I love you too, my emo prince," Roman said with the same look.

And so they were engaged in winter.

Not the best ending, but eh. I literally got secondhand anxiety from writing this. Even though I knew what was going to happen. I had to take multiple P!ATD breaks and just listen to music for a while. hehe I'm a wreck.
(606 words)