The Winter of Glendor - The Cast

DND au!

Disclaimer; I am still new to dnd and I haven't been able to play with anyone because none of my friends or family have any interest. Also most of the names are altered or original Greek/other ancient names because I'm not good at names.
...

"A week ago, in the ocean side town of Glendor, a strange phenomenon occurred. In the dead of night, on the winter solstice, a melodic call was heard coming from the ocean. That night, a cold wind-"

"There's no way it was as cold as my heart."

"Vigil, let Logan finish," Janus said.

"Thank you, Janus," Logan said. "As I was saying, a cold wind blew through the town, chilling everyone to the core. All the lanterns went out, and with the lack of a moon that night, it was pitch black."

Virgil opened his mouth, a smirk on his lips, before Roman jabbed him with his elbow.

"People reported seeing tentacles and oozes-" Logan continued. Patton gasped in slight horror and Remus grinned warmly to ear. "-but none of these claims have proven to have any substantial evidence."

Patton sighed in relief while Remus frowned, playing with their light blue cloud and green tentacle dice respectively.

"Some people took this as a sign of the end, and took to extremes. Some people shut themselves in their houses. Some people went on a raiding spree, taking most of the things in unguarded shops. The town was in complete disarray that night. In the morning, a total of 11 disappearances were reported. After a search of the town, one of the victims was found on the rocky beach near the northern end of the town. After investigation, he told of hearing a melodic sound, but not remembering much after that. He said that he saw a tentacle in the water and fled, and the other people may not have been so lucky,"

Remus launched his four sided die across the table, and the cube hit the side of Roman's head. Roman glared at him before getting a stern glare himself from Logan, and he resigned to just tossing the die back to Remus.

"Now, the adventure, as so many do, begins in a dusty old tavern," Logan said, sighing as he finished the monologue.

"I'm not as think as you drunk I am," Virgil muttered, earning a chuckle from Roman, who was sitting next to him.

"Can we introduce characters now?" Patton asked excitedly. Logan nodded.

"Proceed," Logan said.

"Alrighty! My character is a Tabaxi Druid named Agape who was on a scientific voyage with his elf boyfriend Galileo. But he got separated and now is trying to find his way back. Alignment is lawful good," Patton said. Logan couldn't help but grin at Patton's mention of his character as Agape's boyfriend.

"Yeah, yeah. My turn," Remus said, standing up. "I'm Erebus and I'm an elf bard. I heard there was some fun to be had in this town so I came here."

Patton, Virgil, and Roman looked at Remus with a slightly disgusted look on their faces. Logan and Janus just looked at each other, half fearing and half knowing what would happen at the first battle.

"Chaotic neutral."

"Well, I don't want to imagine what he's gonna do," Roman said, standing up as Remus sat down. He grabbed a his sword from under the table, holding up dramatically. "Behold! Achilles Downcrusher, the revered human fighter who singlehandedly took down a dragon! -dont worry Pat is was an evil dragon- neutral good," Roman said, sitting back down as his dramatic speech ended.

"So, name's Patroclus. Teifling warlock. Trash talk the demons. True neutral. I followed my idiot boyfriend to keep him alive on his questing," Virgil said, absentmindedly rolling his purple and black dice. "And by the way, I was the one who defeated that dragon."

Roman glared playfully at Virgil, who just wrinkled his nose and stuck his tongue out at Roman.

"Alright listen up, my name is Apophis, and I'm a Dragonborn rouge hellbent on starting a potion shop. Chaotic good," Janus said.

Logan nodded.

"Well, if that is everything, I believe that we can begin," he said.

- • - - • - • - - - • • - • • • - • - -
- - • • • - - • - - • • • - - • • - • - • • • • •
• - - • - • •
- • - - - - • • - - - • • - • • - - • - - • - -
• - - • • - • - • • • • •

Yes I will do a part two. The names were actually really fun to do! Agape means "love" in Greek, Erebus is the Greek god of chaos, Achilles was a Greek hero and Patroclus was his boyfriend, and Apophis was the ancient Egyptian god represented by a serpent. (769 words)

Also I made Party Poison's gun! It took three days and a ton of paint, but I like how it turned out.

• - - •   •   • -    - • - •    •       - - -   • • -