The plague of the incorrect quote

I'm working on an especially long one shot. So far it's almost 5000 words and I haven't even started the ending. Why can I not write like this with my WIP?

Anyways, the incorrect quotes.
...

Virgil at three am, completely unprompted: *sends link to 'Wolf in Sheep's Clothing' to Janus*

Janus, after listening to the song: f you.
...

Virgil: congratulations. You have invented a new kind of stupid. A damage you can never undo kind of stupid. An 'open all the cages in the zoo' kind of stupid. Clearly, you didn't think this through? Kind of stupid!

Roman: Virgil all I did was ask if I could use your earbuds.
...

Kid Roman after he got braces: so yeah I can't eat ice right now.

Remus: just eat the stretchy ice!

Roman: what. The. Frick.

(Real conversation I had with my brother. He's Remus)
...

Remus, in the middle of the night, whispering into Thomas' ear: a human baby can crawl though a blue whale's artery.

Also Remus: whales have leg bones. What if they de-evolve?

Thomas, trying to get some sleep: please, for the love of all things you hold dear, STOP. Those can't be real.

Logan, popping out of nowhere: *exists*

Thomas: oh thank god Logan-

Logan: that is factually correct. Whales have leg bones and a human baby could crawl though a blue whale's artery.

Thomas: Logan why.
...