modern!newt headcanons

- Newt's a little spoon at heart

- Newt's a little spoon at heart. He won't say it out loud, but he loves being the little spoon. He craves touch and constant love and safety from his s/o. It's one of the few times he's truly at peace with the world around him.

- It's so easy to make Newt blush. He is almost never complimented from anyone outside of his own family so on the rare occasion which something does happen (especially when it comes from his s/o), Newt gets mad flustered and stutters out an adorable thank you.

- If his s/o falls asleep on him, Newt doesn't dare to move. He could be in the World's Most Uncomfortable position and Newt would still stay still until his s/o awakes on their own.

- The first time Newt kisses his s/o he always asks for permission. Same with hand holding. Always. The second and third times become less and less hesitant but he'll still ask for permission most of the time.

- Newt has a lot of anxiety. It's not obvious, of course, but Minho and Thomas have been taking time to learn his signs and triggers. They've done more than enough research on how to help and even came up with a code for when Newt needs them. He doesn't know this, though. And they make sure of it.

- Newt loves to draw, but he sucks at it. The best he can do on a good day is stick figures but that's okay. He doesn't care. Instead, he laughs it off and continues to draw like a first grader. His friends love it.

- Newt burns his own CDs. He makes his own mixtapes and will even gift them to friends. Classic and outdated, sure, but so what? Newt's great with music recommendations and he loves to make playlists that fit your moods. His friends keep CD players in their cars/rooms just for this.

- Newt's fingernails are always short. He never got into the habit of biting them but they look like it. His hands are calloused, too, because of all the time he spends alone playing guitar and/or ukulele. He constantly cuts his nails - not only because long nails is one of his pet peeves but because he doesn't think he can play instruments right with them.

- Newt waits in the car when he drops someone off. He waits until he sees them enter their house and then a few seconds more. Just to be sure.

- Newt hates hospitals. No one knows this but his sister, though. They bring too many memories which Newt would like to forget, but if someone's hurt he'll be there in a matter of seconds.

- Newt doesn't have a ton of friends. He has a lot of peers and acquaintances, but not friends. He may know almost everyone in the school but he only has few he keeps close. Those few are chosen very specially because Newt's secretly picky about who he trusts and loves completely.