newt one-shot

"I'm gonna run to the restroom," you mumbled in excuse for yourself from the girls you were previously hanging out with

Teresa and Brenda exchanged a look, their eyes seeming to talk for their mouths, and acted the second you left Brenda's room. Brenda by running to the door to keep watch for you, and Teresa by getting her phone out and dialing Newt's number.

"Hello?" He asked from the other line rather groggily, even though he knew full well who he was talking to.

"You like (Y/n), right?" Teresa asked, not bothering to greet him back. There wasn't time.

"Uh... sure? I thought you already kne-"

"Just checking. But she likes you too, so I need you to stay on the phone for a little bit."

"What?"

"You don't believe me, right? So stay on the phone and I'll prove it to you. Just keep quiet."

"Um..."

Brenda hurried back to her spot on the floor, shooting a variety of abstract hand signals to Teresa, just before to walked in. Teresa's eyes widened for a second, but she soon relaxed, knowing she could play it off easily.

"I'm back," You stated, reentering the colorfully decorated room you previously left.

"I gotta go. Text me if you still can't find them.... Okay. Yep.... Talk to you soon. Bye." Teresa said, hanging up her phone. She set it behind her, and looked at Brenda. Then you. "Hey." She said.

"Who was that?" You asked.

"... Thomas! He forgot his keys in my house." Teresa explained. "Again." She added when she saw the confused look on your face. Brenda gave her a look that said 'nice save'. Teresa responded with a small glare, as if trying to get her to slim it.

"So..." Brenda said, an attempt to fill the tensing silence.

"Let's talk about you and Newt." Teresa said.

You furrowed your eyebrows, "Okay... wait. Why?"

Teresa shrugged. "You're still not dating him." She said, like it was obvious.

You snorted, it was. "So? I'm not going to. He doesn't like me."

Brenda raised her eyebrows, "I wouldn't be so sure about that." She mumbled, earning a slap from Teresa. Brenda winced, and Teresa giggled in apology.

"Hmm?" You asked.

"Nothing!" Teresa snapped while laughing. "Let's do something! Let's... play a game!" She insisted, nodding her head quickly.

"Um... okay?" You said.

Not gonna lie, your friends can get shady. Like, real shady.

"What kind of game?" You finally asked. If you were being completely honest, you were scared to ask. They had a plan, it was obvious. But for what? You didn't know.