newt blurb

inspired by song below
(reader is a female originally, but y'all can do whatever and change it up if you want)

inspired by song below(reader is a female originally, but y'all can do whatever and change it up if you want)—

You gasped for air, though it had surrounded you, for whatever reason it couldn't fill your lungs. Of course, it didn't help that you were fighting back tears, but that wasn't important. Where am I? You asked yourself. Who am I?

You couldn't remember a thing. Every time you tried, pain shot in your heart, as well as your head.

The metallic smell of blood started to surround you. You checked your surroundings, feeling along your skin for any liquid. It was too hard to see anything — the only light being above you — but you did feel it. You didn't taste it, either.

Your soul felt heavy — at least you thought it was your soul. Whatever it was, it weighed too much for its supposed small size.

You felt empty inside, nearly lost all of your emotions. How it was even slightly possible, you did not know.

Suddenly the gates floor below you pushed up, and the lights blurred past. You jumped in your place, flinching every time the light shined near you. You shook, trying to grasp your memory. Any memory. But soon your mind felt as vacant as your 'soul' did, and your heart only had seconds before it followed their poor leads. Now, only one word dared to float through your mind. Abandon. Why would your parents leave you? Why were you alone? Did you do something? Did your friends leave you too?

Love. The word was another imagined spear through your heart. Water followed through after, sinking the boat of what once could have been considered love, by someone, at some time.

You looked above you, and only then did you notice that the sky was falling down. Your eyes widened, you tried to take cover by tucking into a ball. Your arms wrapped around your head, your legs tucked below you. You flinched until it hit you — not literally, though.

Surprisingly.

Instead of pin you saw light. For a second you thought you'd died, but you then knew you weren't so lucky. Instead, you were alive, surrounded by boys. "Bloody hell," one said. He's British, you thought. Or Scottish or something. Is he cute, too? His voice is, hopefully he is, too. Do you think —

"It's a girl."

Well, that's your cue. You stood slowly, squinting at the new change of brightness. "Where am I?" You asked, almost surprised to hear your voice for the first time. I... it's scratchy. Like I haven't talked in days.

"The Maze, sunshine!" Someone shouted from behind the big in front of you. Boys around him laughed, but not the blond one. He gave you his hand, but you simply stared.

"Uh, right...." he whispered to himself. He pulled his hand back and you finally realized it was him, the British-or-Scottish-or-whatever boy. And damn, he was cute!

"She's bleeding!" Someone from the crowd called. A different voice this time. Not accented and not obnoxious.

But still not pretty.

"C'mon, let's get you to the medjacks." The hot blond said. He stepped out of the metal cage you sat in, but didn't give you his hand.

You, in return, hesitantly stood up. You also followed him, while trying to ignore the other boy's hollers and whoops around you. But as you walked, the blisters burned below your shoes, and you hobbled slightly.

"My name's Newt," The boy in front of you said. "Do you remember your name?"

Um... should I not? It's (Y/n).

You shook your head no.

"'S okay. Should turn up within a few days." He said.

Wait. Something inside you said. Why are you following him? And what the hell is a medjack? You panicked, and took off suddenly, not knowing where, and not caring, either.

Everything around you turned into a blur, including the sudden shouts and piercing screams from behind you. You sprinted hard, continued to push. You took a left, then a right, then two more lefts. You. stopped, and circled around yourself a few times.

"It's... it is a maze." You whispered.