damian wayne headcanon

here's my two dimes on Damian's trauma (def not based upon my own experiences no way why would I do such a thing);

So Damian, as we all know, is a fighter, right? This is a given. Fight, flight, freeze, faun — Damian will always fight. Always. He will go, headfirst into battle, with no ounce of doubt.

But consider this:

Damian sees a woman who looks relatively similar to his mother.

He freezes. He leaves the building immediately and doesn't look back. He says nothing, leaves no explanation and no trace because he's now running home. Running to safety. Running from his past and present and future and into the arms of his beloved dog.

Consider this:

Damian overhears his father speaking to someone. He says the League is back. Spotted near Gotham.

He runs to his best hiding place and locks the door. He cowers into himself, panting, until someone picks the lock and finally drags him out. (Even then he doesn't speak. Not until someone promises him protection, but he's still afraid.) He's constantly watching his steps, his back, his front, his everything. Just waiting for her to come back, to take him away. Again.

Consider:

Talia returns.

Damian spends at least a good hour in his bedroom, just sobbing. He takes his emotions out, the anger and fear and sadness and all around dreaded horror. He punches his wall, his thigh, his pillow — anything that's near him.

Pain is his only comfort, here. And when he's finished he covers his bruised legs and bloodied knuckles. He's still crying but it's silent now. Controlled, even. He doesn't leave until he hears her shout and slam the door and until Dick comes and promises Damian his full protection.

Consider Damian Wayne who is afraid of his mother. Who freezes and fauns in her presence. Who tries and fails to be strong and all too suddenly breaks.

Consider a traumatized Damian Wayne.