XIV

Crystal's laugh was practically bouncing off the walls as she ran with her friends, running away from the group of boys that were sporting many layers of arts and crafts—Alice's idea actually, which was surprising from the rest of the girls

Alice let out a small squeal as Sirius almost got her, before Melanie gave her a small tug so she was ahead of her, and they were running harder than before as they knew the boys were closing in—how they actually found the girls, they had no idea (Crystal had her suspicions).

"Split up!" Lily called out, grabbing Crystal so they ran off together in another direction, and Crystal let out a huge laugh as she saw the boys confusion—they didn't know who to go after. "Come on Crystal! Keep up!"

Crystal picked up her speed quickly, letting her hand trail across the old and brick walls as she ran with her friend, Lily was giggling as she was finally able to catch her breathe slightly—the boys didn't seem to be anywhere in sight.

The two girls ran around another corner and decided to pause for a break, each gasping for breath as the smiles didn't remove from their faces, and they began to laugh together again.

"I can't wait for Frank to show me the photos he took later" Crystal breathed out in the midst of it all, her cheeks red as she was at a cross between trying to breathe and trying not to laugh.

"I can't get over how brilliant Alice's plan was!" Lily added on, her grin evident as the two girls calends down from their laughter and glanced around slightly as it became more serious. "We shouldn't stay too long, they always seem to know where we are"

"Tell me about it" Crystal complained, leaning over slightly as she felt her legs hurt, before she stood up straight again with a determined look. "We should set off a second trap for if they come near us"

Lily smiled at the girls idea, "and I have the perfect idea to add to the glitter, glue and paint"

The two girls pieces together how they were going to set up their trap, before they managed to find McGonagall and ask politely for some feathers (when she asked why, they said revenge on the boys and Minerva handed them over wordlessly, but wishing them luck and sending them on their way). The girls managed to find a staircase that they saw fit, before they set it up as they pleased.

"This is going to be great!" Crystal cheered as they hid behind the pillar together, waiting for the boys to come down the staircase (a/n: same pillar Harry and Ron hide behind when they give Crabbe and Goyle the cakes, thought I'd throw that in).

"Shh, we need to stay quiet" Lily hushed the excited girl, who pulled out two chocolate frogs from her pocket, Lily just accepted one without question, she never got her answers about how Crystal did it. "Thank you"

"Eh, I figured we'd need some for our scheming" Crystal shrugged her shoulders nonchalant, before they heard voices and Lily placed her mouth on Crustal's quickly.

"The map says they're here" Remus says in confusion, glancing around as he appears around the corner, and James pushes past him—expecting to see Lily.

"What can I say Moony, you must have bad eyesight, because they're not here" Sirius chimes beside him, Peter rolls his eyes at the other boys. "You simply can't read the map, hand it to the professional"

"Padfoot, I told you...it says they're here"

Then, their was a loud a girlish scream as several bodies fell down the stairs, and Crystal let out a huge laugh as she revealed herself, Lily following her actions quickly.

"You girl!" Crystal laughed out as she pointed at Sirius, who glared as the feathers now joined his previous prank from the girls.

"I'm going to kill you!"