I

Returning to Hogwarts, Crystal was as exhausted as ever. Yet she was so excited to go through the year as she had spent most of her time dinning and having tea with special guests throughout most of her summer.

This was a break from the stress she had at home, it was a break from the constant reminder that when she left she was engaged and was getting married in two years, it was a break from the panic attack that had occurred.

It was freedom in its finest form and she could finally act like herself here, Hogwarts was her home after all.

"So, I have a theory where we all had the idea to cut our hair at the same time" Melanie chattered on and on in the kitchens, as everyone else was in the dinning hall for the feast, they felt as though they needed a catch up away from everyone else as there would be a party in the common room later anyway.

"I grew out my hair, you two are the ones the both cut their hair short" Lily pointed out, as Melanie winked over at Crystal flirtatiously, which made both Lily and Crystal laugh together as Melanie pulled a face.

"I could totally sing Crystal, and I know she'd gladly sing me" Melanie defended herself as though the two were being rude, but Lily quickly shook her head before she explained that they weren't being rude or anything, they were just laughing. "Maybe in another universe Crystal and I are soulmates that are having a steamy make out on some random table"

"With types of vivid thoughts like that, no wonder you and Sirius aren't dating yet" Crystal sarcastically stated as she glowered slightly at the girl in front of her, and Lily shook her head at her choice in friends.

Melanie threw a piece of chicken at Crystal, who quickly dodged it before she stuck her tongue out, only for another one to be thrown, which she caught in her mouth a cheered before chewing on it happily.

"We should head to the common room and change in some super hot clothes for the party, I heard that even Slytherin's are being invited, which means that there will be at least five guys that I can make out with" Melanie went on to herself, as the other girls shared an amused look. "Cause obviously, dating Francis over the summer did nothing to even dent Sirius's pride"

Crystal rolled her eyes at the girl, all that effort over a guy that wasn't even that special? She could never imagine herself giving up time and will just to make the guy pleased. Sure, she was forced into a marriage, but she'd make sure he knew who was boss and she would certainly be doing whatever she wanted.

"Crystal won't be allowed to smog anyone, she's been promised to Evan Deaver, remember?" Lily scolded Melanie randomly, and Crystal realised that she had accidentally zoned out a part of the conversation.

"And you have James, whom we all know that you are secretly dating behind our backs" Crystal cut in, no longer wanting the attention on her and her arranged marriage, Lily let out a huff as she slumped slightly in her seat.

———————

Melanie had dressed in a tight yet comfy black dress, saying that it would've been perfect for seducing some random guy into making out with her to make Sirius jealous, it would've been a double score if the guy was a Slytherin.

Lily has stuck with a cute and simple dress, that wasn't as revealing as Melanie's but it still seemed to blend better with Lily's personality as it showed of her legs and barely any cleavage.

Crystal had stuck with a pair of skinny jeans, a kinda nice blue t-shirt and then some black boots to match. As the girls said, she didn't exactly have to catch anyone's attention as she was promised to someone else, plus she would rather not get into a huge mess by making out with a stranger at a party.

So, there she stood with a fire whiskey by the table of alcohol as Melanie made out with a random Slytherin, Sirius glaring at the pair as he ignored the girl failing to grab his attention.

Lily and James were in the corner of the room whispering and giggling to each other as quietly as they could, which attracted the attention of a suddenly alcoholic Snape, who kept muttering something before he'd finish off another cup.

Crystal was going strong at four, she was tipsy but she certainly wasn't drunk enough to even consider anyone she'd seen hot enough to make out with.

"Hi" a figure suddenly stood in front of her and she suddenly felt the urge to bush as she made sure that nobody had caught them talking to each other.

"What do you want Evan?" Crystal hissed under her breathe at the boy, who's grin only seemed to grow more as she was agitated.

"To talk?" He replied smartly, and she glowered slightly before going to reply.

Across from the room, Remus Lupin was staring at the two students chatting to each other as he stood next to his glaring friend, Sirius, who he nudged until he had his attention."What going on with Deaver and Crystal?"

Sirius seemed to observe the scene carefully, he noted the fact the Crystal kept rolling her eyes at the boy and she was practically yelling every time she spoke, while Deaver had a smug look on his face as he rested a hand on her arm that she kept trying to shake off.

"Deaver seems to have his eyes on our Crystal ball, although she doesn't look interested at all, I wouldn't worry too much. She'll kick him eventually when he gets annoying" Sirius had suggested before he turned back to glare at the guy snogging his crush.

Despite Sirius's words, an odd feeling was settling at the pit of Remus's stomach as he continued to watch the pair. Slightly not owing about how close Deaver was getting, and about how Crystal hadn't even punched him like she would've done with any other guy"