IX

"Excuse me" Crystal scoffed as she glanced down at her apron, that was now covered in flour as her father had accidentally dropped it upon her

"Whoops" He sheepishly said before he waved his wand at her wordlessly, and the flour was gone in an instant, she sent him a quick look before rubric back to her mixing bowl and beginning to stir again.

"Slow down, Crystal. You're making it into a mix not liquid." Her dad groaned as his daughters skills, even after 15 years on the planet she still didn't know how to stir gently.

"Well, hurry up grandpa, yours is looking extremely hard. We're not making bricks" Crystal shot back, and her father sent her a challenging look as he gripped his spoon in his hand and they both sent a glare before they began to stir as fast as they possibly could.

Eventually, her dad got a hand cramp and moaned as he pulled away and gripped his hand is his other, trying to massage it away.

"Told you you were a grandpa" Crystal simply said as she slowed down the stirring, he went to argue back before her mother walked in and observed the scene.

They both had mix all over them as well as the kitchen looking messy, she let out a sigh before she placed a hand on her face tiredly.

"Go get washed and changed,we have guests coming over for dinner" She states firmly, and they both nod shyly before scrambling away from the kitchen, pushing each other playfully as they went.

House guests meant that you had to dress nicely, otherwise she would've named the family, that was a small thing that Crystal picked up on over her years and it was usually her fathers work friends or partners.

So, she dressed in a float, white dress and left her hair to its usual waves. But, decided to wear flats as she hated heels.

She took a quick photo of the dress for her friends before she began to walk down the hallway towards the stairway.

Remembering her mother's lessons, she placed one hand onto the banister before gently walking down, she straightened out her back and kept her eyes forward until they met the guests.

There stood Evan Deaver smugly with his parents, who were chatting to her own parents.

She only really knew Evan because he hangs around with Severus and the Slytherin crew, other than that she had a few classes here and there but that was it.

"Ah, Crystal, there you are" Her mother spoke in her usual host voice, it was gentle yet polite and she often used it to portray herself to certain guests.

"Sorry I kept you waiting" Crystal apologises and Evan almost did a double take once he saw her reaching the bottom steps, this was the complete opposite of what Crystal was like in school and oddly enough—it unsettled him.

"That's quite alright, we only just arrived anyway" Mrs Deaver smiles gently at the teenage girl.

"Welcome, Mr and Mrs Deaver" Crystal smiles politely at the married couple as she stood between her parents.

"Call us Natalie and Avery, darling, we're practically family" Mrs Deaver told the young girl, who furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"You didn't tell her?" Mr Deaver quickly picked up on it, sending her mother a look, but Crystal didn't dare speak.

"We were going to let them meet each other first and then tell her" Her mother has put on her offended voice, as though he had stated something personally harmful.

"That's alright, it's no rush." Mrs Deaver had waved it off, "it won't happen until after school anyway, let the kids get to know each other first"

"Why?" Crystal turned to her father and asked him, but he quickly avoided her eyes and instead started to have a silent conversation with her other who sighed after a while.

"Crystal..." her mother started, "you're going to be married within a year after leaving school, to Evan Deaver"

"Oh" Crystal let our slightly, and everyone watched her carefully as she stood there a moment, before her body shifted sideways and she collapsed onto the floor unconscious.