V

"Where do you think they go off to?" Melanie pondered out loud as they sat at the Gryffindor table for the Halloween feast, she had noticed the quartet of trouble makers enter the hall after being missing for two days

Her question caught Lily's attention, as she had found a new interest in the group from when Severus had hurt James. "We could ask them, what do you think Snowflake?"

The two witches turned back to their original places to see Crystal stuffing as my food onto her plate as she could, occasionally hugging some in her pockets.

Once she realised they were looking at her, her actions paused and she gave them a sheepish smile. "What was that?"

"Never mind" Melanie sighed and turned to her meal, deciding to stop trying to catch the marauders in any sort of act, she had to come to terms to the fact that they were never caught.

"So, what's everyone doing tomorrow? It is a Sunday after all" Crystal changed the subject, even though she had no idea what they were just talking about.

"I'm hanging out with Remus, him and I are going to work on our charms homework" Lily smiles at the witches, who were confused by her sudden change towards the quartet that were making their way over to the table.

"Homework? On a Sunday?" Melanie questioned as she looked at lily as if she had grown a second head, but then she only shook her head. "Have fun, I suppose"

Crystal started to scoff down a chocolate frog in glee as she pretty much ignored the wizards who took a seat or four next to the girls, until Melanie began to grumble something under her breathe.

"Hello Mela-Bela!" Sirius greeted her as he dived into the seat next to her, throwing her a small smirk as he took a thing or two off of her plate.

She snatched back her pumpkin pastries before swatting him on the arm, to which he whined at.

"Hi Lily" Peter greeted nicely with a small wave, "Hi Crystal"

"Hiya Peter" Lily smiles back as Crystal ignored them and tried to focus on the food in front of her.

"Nice punch, by the way Crystal Ball" James complimented as he sat down on Lily's right, which she didn't actually protest to.

Crystal hummed in acknowledgment as she picked up a few lemon drops, and dropping them onto her plate.

"So, what did you guys do yesterday?" Melanie got straight to her point, leaning in intently as the boys shot each other a look and nodded to Remus.

"Oh, we snuck out to the kitchens and grabbed a couple of snack to celebrate Halloween, then we realised we were too sick this morning so we headed to madam pomfray" Remus let out a lie easily, which Lily seemed to be contempt with whilst Melanie just scowled.

"And good ol' Poppy fixed us up easily enough" Sirius chimed in, nudging Melanie slightly as he sent her an unknowing look.

The table soon changed conversation, as the boys changed the subject to something that managed to get the table into a debate about one of the main things in a teen witches or wizards life: Quidditch.

Crystal bluntly ignored the group conversation and found herself looking around the great hall, she found herself weird sometimes because she's liked to absorb her surroundings.

But, it never did stop her.

She found her eyes catching Severus glaring at Lily and James with what seemed like jealousy and anger, but she knew it was only him to blame.

Then, she met eyes with a pair of blue eyes, who shot her a questioning look in return to her bewildering around the hall.

She shook her head and turned back to her meal, wanting to eat as much as possible before she'd be sent to bed.