XIV

"What do you think you're here at my office for, Miss Halass" McGonagal asked a happy looking Crystal.

They were currently in the professors office, as Justin Blake has turned up in the hospital wing with a black eye and had claimed that it was her without hesitation.

"For standing up for myself" Crystal replies as she swings her legs on the chair, "not my fault really, if you don't want to be punched, don't grip my arm and attempt to force me into a date"

McGonagal seemed to raise her eyebrows at that, truth be told it wasn't the first girl who had defended themselves against Justin Blake, in fact Melanie had broke his arm in their third year when he placed his hand on Melanie's thigh.

"Why don't you have a biscuit" McGonagal offered the tin that was sat on her desk, and crystal did a double take on the sentence before reaching over and grabbing one without hesitation. "You can take another one when you leave, for now, I think it's best if you just serve a small detention. With me, of course, a few lines and nothing else"

"Of course, Professor" Crystal smiles at the older woman, who sent her a curt nod before handing over another biscuit.

———————

Crystal was walking to her detention with the Marauders, as they also had detention for planking Filch and getting caught easily since they didn't have the map on them.

"I thought you'd never turn up, Miss Halass" McGonagal states when Crystal enters first, with red cheeks as though she had been running.

"I made the awful decision to walk with the gang" Crystal huffed out as she caught her breathe, McGonagal gestures towards one of the desks, next to a figure that was turned around and crystal walked over to it without hesitation.

"Hey Winnie!"Sirius greeted her as the other four finally approached the room, James sending a playful glare in Crystal's direction, who pretended to zap him with her fingers.

"Sit down, please" McGonagal sighed tiredly, she just kept on reminding herself that they'd be gone in two years time.

The boys took their places with small chatter and jokes, occasionally trying to had a tired Crystal into the conversation.

"I'm just tired and hungry" Crystal whined at James when he asked her why she was being so moody. "But, it won't stop me from kicking your—"

"I've got to pop out of the room momentarily" McGonagal announces as she takes her glances off and placed them down the the table, and she sends a hard look to the boys. "Don't do anything while I'm gone"

And with that, she left Crystal to the he-devils, plus Remus.

"Psst, Crystal" James was hitting her shoulder with paper as Sirius called out for her, and her eye twitched slightly.

One hit the person besides her and he turned around to send them a glare, of course it was Severus...

"What?!" Crystal finally snapped as she turned around to face the boys who grinned at her temper, Remus reading casually as Peter actually wrote down the lines.

"Is it true you beat up Justin Blake?" James whispered harshly, and a smirk made its way onto Crystal's face.

"He'll think twice before trying to jump onto a girl again" She simply said before she turned around and began to write lines again, the boys beginning to bet how bad the damage was.