XVI

"Alright, watch your movements closely, and remember, we're doing wordless spells" The professor talked on, waving their wand silently before the book came flying into their hand, and they showed it off to the class quickly

"Alright, watch your movements closely, and remember, we're doing wordless spells" The professor talked on, waving their wand silently before the book came flying into their hand, and they showed it off to the class quickly. "Now, remember to do the correct movements, do it silently and most of all, don't fling the book at anybody else"

"How much do you want to bet that Sirius will get someone with a book?" Melanie quizzed from beside Crystal, and Crystal sent her a pointed look.

"I bet that it will be James, he's more clumsy with spells after all" Crystal grinned, leaning forward slightly as she tilted her head over to where the boy was smacking his wand around in confusion while trying to move the book, hopefully he wouldn't need to buy his fifth wand.

"Alright then" Melanie agreed, and the two girls shook each other's hands under the desks before they turned back to their work, Charms was Melanie's favourite as she was great at these.

Crystal was terrible and often stuck to Potions, Astrology and The Dark Arts. Spells seemed to be hard for her sometimes and now they had to do wordless magic, it was difficult.

She silently cursed herself for not paying attention to Lily's lecture about it before the class, now the girl was on the other side of the classroom next to some lucky Hufflepuff who'd be able to steal her brain for the lesson.

"Oh come on Crystal, just focus" Melanie half-whined at the girl, waving her wand quickly to demonstrate, the book successfully racing over to her, and she caught it with a smug smile on her face.

"I'll remember this when you ask for my help in potions" Crystal responded sarcastically, and Melanie glowered at her slightly before she let go of the book.

"You're not going to do it with that attitude, who put a bag on your head?"

Crystal glanced at the girl with a 'are you stupid' look, before she sighed and straightened her back up. "I can do this, it's just waving your wand and saying spells in your head"

"Exactly!" Melanie clapped her hands together at the girl, Crystal rolled her eyes at the girl, before she held her wand outwards towards the book, swishing her wand around quickly, but to no advil, it didn't come towards her.

"I think I'll go into the muggle world, that way I'll be less embarrassed" Crystal grumbled as she sunk down in her seat, Melanie just huffed beside her, shaking her head at the girl.

"You just need some practice, try again" Melanie encouraged, and Crystal sent her a look, moving her arms to pull out some food from her pockets. "I thought said you were trying to eat less food so you looked more 'ladylike' for your family's image"

"Well, I decided that if they're going to force me into a marriage, I'm going to eat whatever I want, when I want" Crystal responded with a shrug, taking a bite out of her cake that she had smuggled into the room.

"Seems fair" Melanie nodded, before they heard a loud bang and they spun sharply in their seats to see that all the books on the room had went flying into James, forming a pile on top of the boy who was crying out in pain, Sirius laughing at him. "He hit himself with the book, does that count?"

"Hand it over Mel" Crystal smirked as she held her hand out, Melanie rolling her eyes as she handed her friend the money that they had bet. "Keep rolling your eyes at me, they will stay there"

"Yes, mum"