II

"So, you call it electricity?" Crystal asked Lily as they were walking up the stairs, on their way to the Great Hall for the sorting

"Yeah, it is. You should come over to my house one day, I would love to show you everything!" Lily smiled, as Severus stood besides the pair in silence, almost like a bodyguard.

"This way first years!" A woman in a green and silky dress called, she stood at the top of the stairs with a stern look on her face, "follow me into the Great Hall for your sorting, now, remember there is; Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Your triumphs will gain you house points and your disobeying will loose you points, the house that wins at the end of the year wins the house cup."

Lily and Crystal looked over to each other and smiled cheekily, well, Crystal was the one with the mischievous grin.

"Now, you may follow me to the Hall" The woman stiffly said, before walking ahead, the first years glanced at each other before running slightly to catch up with the woman's fast pace.

When they reached the hall they stood outside in a line, stood next to one person, which meant that Crystal 'sacrificed' herself and stood next to someone else.

They entered the hall and all of the kids shared; mutters, gasps and smiles. Crystal attempting to do all three.

Crystal instantly took note of the Sky, where their were candles flying with a night sky in the background, the stars shivering brightly as her eyes brightened at the view.

"Now, when I call your name you will walk forward and you will be sorted into your houses" The same witch instructed as they reached the front, Crystal smiling widely as Lily and Severus stood next to her, the latter stood still and watching the scene unfold.

"Melanie Avanchii" the professor called out and a small, brunette girl stood forward with a shy smile on her face.

She walked forward and sat down on the stool, closing her eyes instead of facing everyone else in the hall.

"GRYFFINDOR"

"James Potter"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Evan Deaver"

"RAVENCLAW"

"Lily Evans"

Crystal pushed her new friend forward with a reassuring smile, Severus frowned slightly at Lily.

The ginger haired girl looked at her friends as the hat was placed on her.

"GRYFFINDOR"

Severus watched sadly as lily walked over and joined the table, where a boy introduced himself.

But, Crystal paid no attention as she was waiting for her names to be called.

"Paige Phillinly"

"HUFFLEPUFF"

"Edward Stresing"

"RAVENCLAW"

Crystal huffed as she watched each child step forward and be sorted, Severus snickering beside her, to which she playfully shoved him at—and he rolled his eyes at her.

"Severus Snape"

He walked forward with his usual emotionless expression and sat down on the wooden stool, the hat being placed on his head.

"SLYTHERIN"

Severus frowned over at Lily, who smiled at him nonetheless and clapped for him, he shrugged before walking over to the houses table.

"Crystal Halass"

Her heart almost burst with excitement, and a smile etched on her face as her name was called out.

She walked forward and let out a small breather before sitting down happily on the stool, she just reminded herself to be brave because she had nothing to fear about and she had been waiting for this moment.

The hat began to mumble to itself as it was placed on her head, "not as pristine like your mother, eh? And you do have that cheekiness that your father had...but, not as Hufflepuff-like as he was...hmm....I know!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Crystal smiled at the professor who took the hat away from her head and quickly skipped over to the seat opposite Lily.

"Hi Lily!" She smiles at the girl, who clapped for her.