I

The sound of a book snapping shut was heard at midnight, one evening at school, on a Friday evening

"It's like McGonagal wants me to set off another dung bomb in her office!" Crystal groaned, as she set back against the arm chair she was in, her best friend laughed opposite her.

"Hush with the dramatics, will you? I'm trying to focus" her friend, Melanie all but snapped as she sat down on the flor with her eyes shut.

Crystal lifted her hand up in front of Melanie's face and waved her hand around, gaining a grumbled off of Melanie who wacked her hand away.

"Come on Crystal, only a few more pages left" Lily encouraged the brunette, her shot her a pointed look in return. "Fine! We'll continue it tomorrow then!"

"What's got your wand in a knot?" Melanie asked from her place on the floor, finally open her eyes to look at the ginger haired witch.

Lily shook her head in annoyance and continued to do her transfiguration homework anyway.

"It's James, isn't it?" Melanie asked and Crystal snorted in response as she watched the drama unfold.

"He doesn't know how to take a hint!" Lily snapped, as she kept her eyes down at the paper.

"I hate this tension between you two" Melanie started her usual speech, "you should talk it out"

"The only way they're going to sort out their sexual tension is through more than Pg 13 stuff, hey! Did I get that right Lily?" Crystal smiled cheekily, obviously impressed with herself.

But, it wasn't too long before both Melanie and Lily threw a pillow at her.

"Do you know what? I don't know why I associate myself with you two, you don't appreciate my humour" Crystal complained, gaining nothing but a shaking of the head.

"You have to admire that he is brave enough to keep trying though" Melanie brought you James again.

"It's not bravery, it's stupidity" Lily fought back, and Crystal but her lips to stop herself from howling with laughter.

"That's quite harsh flower" a familiar voice pointed out from behind the sofa Lily was sat on, the trio turned around to see Sirius Black stood there with his usual smirk.

"Oh no, I swear to merlin! If you prank us, I am going to shove your own wand so far up your—" she was stopped by Melanie's hand being whacked over her mouth, and Sirius rose an eyebrow in amusement.

"I was just coming back from the kitchens" he explained and gestured to the pile of food in his hands.

"Could've shared" Crystal grumbled under her breathe before folding her arms and deciding to watch the fire instead.

"Excuse her, she's in a foul mood" Melanie apologised friendly, and Sirius's attention all went to her as he smiled down at her.

"No problem Melanie, well I best be off, the others are waiting for me" Sirius waves at the group and walked towards the stairs.

"Tell James I told him to snuff it!" Crystal called out, causing Sirius to chuckle as he continued his trek to his dorm.

When Sirius arrived to the room he chucked the food onto the carpet where all the guys were sat around and chatting.

"Message from Crystal to James" Sirius chimes and James almost let out a laugh.

"What now? Eat my own fart? Choke on my pumpkin juice?" He kept on guessing, as Peter giggled and Remus laughed as he maintained his eyes on the book he was reading.

"No, she told you to snuff it" Sirius grinned as he delivered the news, the guys soon changed the subject to their next prank.