XV

They were gathered in the hall for breakfast, Melanie and Lily happily eating away whilst sharing a conversation as Crystal was slamming her head onto the desk and groaning each time

"Stop that" Melanie scolded her as she put her hands on top of the table where her head was hitting, whining when Crystal's head hit her hands.

"Sorry" Crystal mumbled as she sat up right, with big bags under her eyes as she dozed off while staring at the bacon.

Lily and Melanie then shared a look, Crystal definitely wasn't taking the exams too well but she never usually acted this bad, she was obviously in distress about something.

"What's wrong?" Lily decided to ask first, in a gentle and easing voice.

"You know what I told you when we got back from Christmas break? With the whole thing my parents want me to do?" Crystal asked the duo, who both sank in their seats as they realised what her troubling was. "I can't find a way against it, the only thing I can think of is if I marry someone else, but let's be real—I can't"

"Well maybe you—" Lily began to explain an idea when the post arrived, and her smile lifted as she realised her parents would've written to her.

Melanie's dropped down first and she grabbed the letter grumpily, she didn't really like her parents strictness at most times as they literally wanted to control who her friends where.

Lily's dropped seconds later and she eagerly grabbed it, she was hoping for an update about her sisters new boyfriend, even though her sister hated her existence, she still wished the best for her.

Crystal wasn't expecting anything from her parents, but then a bouche of flowers dropped onto the table and she stared at the roses, it was white for innocence, purity and they can also symbolise a new beginning and everlasting love.

She reached over at it and picked them up, she racked her brain for whom she had told about the flowers, and she realised quickly that she had told the Deaver's.

But, Crystal didn't dare look over to where the smirking boy was, she didn't want to give him any reaction.

"Who are those from?" Lily peered over at the flowers, examining them slightly, before she reached over and snatched the note and began to silently read it. "Oh G-Merlin"

Lily handed the note back to Crystal, who instantly grabbed it and began to read it with Melanie.

'Don't worry, he won't be bothering you ever again. Can't have him trying to sweep up my fiancé— E.D.'

Crystal was furious, she glanced over to the hufflepuff table to notice that Justin Blake was indeed missing, and glanced over to where Evan was smirking as though he was happy with himself.

She had taken care of Blake on her own, she didn't need her 'fiancé' helping her out, as she had gladly punched him herself.

"Well, it's a nice gesture?" Lily tried to ease her into the idea, or was trying to be positive about it while Melanie snorted.

"I'd rip it to sheds and send it back to him in a box" Melanie suggested, obviously she would've had a more violent approach.

"I got a better idea" Crystal mumbled, she dragged a bowl over to under the rose where she levitated them, before she cast a spell on them. "Incendio"

The roses burst into flames as Melanie and Lily quickly moved away from the roar of the fire, whilst Crystal picked up a few pieces of bacon and her bag before jumping up and leaving the hall.

Leaving Lily and Melanie with the roses on fire in front of them, panicking as they look around for a teacher to stop it.

"Aguamenti" James let out as he rushed over to wear the girls were, "why in Godric's sake did she set those flowers on fire?!"

Lily and Melanie shared a look that opted they wouldn't tell him, instead Melanie shrugged as Lily began to explain that they didn't know who it was from and why she did it.