III

Crystal had to stop wallowing in self-pity, is the conclusion she had managed to come up with

Crystal had to stop wallowing in self-pity, is the conclusion she had managed to come up with. She needed to stop doubting herself and dragging her mind down as if she as nothing, she wanted to prove herself in one way and she knew that many people were suffering worse these days.

So, like many other teenagers her age, she dug herself into her studies and focused mainly on getting the perfect grades so she wouldn't have to think about anything else, she sat at a desk at the back of the library that she hadn't been to since her first year at Hogwarts.

S.S. L.E. C.H

The initials were still clear as day carved into the desk, and she could vaguely hear Lily scolding her when she had been carving them, Severus shaking his head slightly as he continued to read into his potions book that he had been attached to.

She had sat down and sighed at the plea sent items that she remembered, before she read almost six books, which was a lot for her, considering she had never studied unless Lily was threatening her.

"Crystal" She heard someone say, and she looked up, in the midst of her 'advanced potions' textbook, to see Alice stood beside her with a wide smile on her lips as usual, she held her hand out to Crystal, who took hers out suspiciously.

When Alice had let go of what she was holding, Crystal pulled her hand back to see it closer. "Dammit Alice! I told you to stop handing me your wrappers!" She hissed playfully, making Alice let out a string of laughter at Crystal's expression.

Alice had always dropped off her empty sweet wrappers into Crystal's hands, starting off as a small prank, but soon ended up being a routine thing when she couldn't find a bin—or when she wanted Crystal to laugh or smile.

"I couldn't find a bin" Alice admits sheepishly, still smiling widely at the girl in front of her, and then she takes in what Crystal was doing. "Studying for the final exams? They really are the doom of the world, they have Crystal Halass herself revising!"

"I know" Crystal sighed dramatically, flapping her hands onto the desk as she released the wrapper from her hand, deciding that she'd just throw it away later when she found a bin. "These exams are quite distracting though, I am constantly thinking of the certain herbs that are required to counter particular species, such as Wolves, vampires etc....my mind feels like it's going to blow up!"

"Maybe...you deserve a break" Alice grins at the idea, pushing the book away from Crystal before she grabs the girls hands and pulls her up from her chair. "Come on, Frank showed me this beautiful area by the black lake, it would be a great place for us to have a picnic" Alice let the words flow out happily, her cheeks red from smiling and blushing from the waves of positive emotion she had.

Maybe this is what Crystal needed today, a day with her friend Alice.

"Okay..." Crystal lets out finally, and Alice perks up happily before she waves her hand for Crystals things to pack themselves up, before she picks up the bag for Crystal and then begins to tug the girl away. "How far away is this?"

"Time is nothing, if it is well spent!" Alice responded cheerily, still tugging the girl as they began to rub at full speed once they were out of the glaring librarians sight, their laughed echoed down the hallway at the sentence that Alice had spoke about.

"Time Is Nothing, If It Is Well Spent"