VII

Crystal spun around in circles as the friends travelled around Hogsmeade, the girls friends again and Remus's words hanging around in Crystal's mind every time there was a moment where they applied.

"I am so glad that James finally stopped clinging onto you!" Crystal cheered, as she continued to spin multiple times, feeling ultimately dizzy as she did so.

"Me too, I thought we were going to have to pry him off of you" Melanie laughed along, causing Lily to silently laugh as she agreed too. "Bloody goat is too attached"

"That's mean, Melanie" Lily scolded her lightly, wrapping her arm around the girl as she did so, Crystal finally stopped spinning and gripped her head.

"I regret spinning!" She suddenly shouted, and the other girls laughed together as the girl crouched down slightly, trying to stop the world from spinning. "Oh Merlin, this'll be a story to tell Remus later, why does he always have to be right?!"

She stood up again as an unknown look crossed Lily's face, "Crystal, do you like Remus?"

"He's my friend, Lily" Crystal rolled her eyes at the girl, still walking around in front of them, not wanting to walk normally with them.

"Not that way...I mean, do you like like Remus?" Lily quizzed, and Crystal's face fell as she suddenly came to a stop on the middle of their path, Lily and Melanie sharing a look of concern as they watched the girl.

"I'm not allowed to, even if I did, I'm not allowed" Crystal mumbled slightly, a deep hurt spreading through her as she spoke, she was being forced into a marriage and now she'd never have a choice to truly find her soulmate.

"Oh, Crystal" Lily let out softly, pulling the girl into a hug, before Melanie joined in to it as well.

"At least now you don't have to be disappointed by any other guy" Melanie mused as her head hung on top of Crystal's shoulders, and the girls all laughed at the sudden speech she gave.

"That's a very good point" Lily added on, and they soon pulled away from each other with grins written on my face. "So, I thought we could head to the three broomsticks for a butterbeer"

"Sounds like a plan" Crystal nodded in agreement, before they hooked arms together and began to walk down the road again, that began to freeze over with a winter frost. "For Christmas, I thought we should all go stay at my family's lodge, haven't been there since I was a kid. I thought that we could even invite Sirius and James as well"

"Sounds like fun! Ooh, we should do secret Santa as well" Lily suggested, and the other two looked at her in confusion. "You pick a name out of a hat and you buy a present for them. Then all the presents go into a pile and you don't know who bought you it!"

"Sounds weird—" Melanie went to say, only for Crystal to nudge her stomach, causing her to groan slightly.

"I love it! Let's do the—secret Santa? Thing. I'll owl my parents later to ask for the keys" Crystal went on excitedly, she was excited to show her friends her family's lodge.

"So...do we pre-pick the rooms we have or..." Melanie let on with a teasing voice, causing Lily to bullish at the suggestive tone.

"There is three rooms in total, plus my parents room, but we won't be able to go in there..obviously, I thought that we could share a room and the guys could have one" Crystal shrugged lightly.

"Or, I could share with Sirius and lock him in there until he admits that he has feelings for me, and Lily and James can be all coupley away from prying eyes." Melanie suggested.

Crystal snorted, "and I can eat my feelings out alone"