VIII

The water dripped slowly down the window panes of the castle, the miserable weather even dragging into winter time as well.

Crystal would be going home for the Christmas holiday and she was dreading it more than time, her clothes that were approvable to her mother and other 'pure bloods' felt like sheets of burning matter against her skin, and the way her hair was groomed backwards felt so wrong on Crystal that she almost wanted to cry out her pain.

Her feet had already begin to ache as she walked towards the train with a few of her friends, Lily had decided not to go home this winter as she wanted to distance herself from her family and also be at Hogwarts to comfort James, Melanie never went home for the holidays so she was staying with Sirius.

Remus decided to stay at the castle also, Peter was going home but he was taking the flu apparently. So this left Crystal walking alongside Alice, Frank and Pandora, an odd looking group but one that she loved the company of.

"Xenophilius has promised that he'd take me out to see his garden, apparently they're full of loads of wonderful and useful potion ingredients!" Pandora grinned happily as they boarded onto the train, Alice and Frank had their arms looped around each other's as they trailed behind slightly.

"It's great that you're so happy, Pandora" Crystal smiled at the happy blonde, her eyes trailing over the different compartments that were available. "Oh, there's one over here guys" she called back to Alice and Frank, who nodded before they followed the other two women into the the room. "So, are you spending the winter holidays at Frank's house?" She asks Alice as she shifts her jacket off and places it beside her as she takes a seat.

"Yes! His mother requested that I be there" Alice smile's excitedly as she pulls Frank down with her to their side of the compartment, him wrapping his arm around her waist as he returns the happiness.

"My mother is quite bazar at times, I'm just glad that she takes such an interest towards Alice" Frank admits to the other women, Pandora awes from beside Crystal as she watches the couple interact together privately.

Even though Crystal knew her chances of experiencing this was rare, she didn't even feel hurt as she watched all of her friends find love, it was an admirable sight and more comforting to Crystal than they'd ever know.

Crystal gave Alice one last warm hug before she had to pull away from the woman, "I have to go find Evan, my mother will be disappointed if I don't turn up with him on my arm" although Crystal covered it up with a smile that had Alive thinking it ...

Crystal gave Alice one last warm hug before she had to pull away from the woman, "I have to go find Evan, my mother will be disappointed if I don't turn up with him on my arm" although Crystal covered it up with a smile that had Alive thinking it was different.

"Oh okay, have fun!" Alice grinned and waved before she hopped over to Frank and grabbed his hand sweetly. "Let's go, Frank"

Crystal watched her friends with a smile, turning sharply so she could head over to the Slytherin compartments, she walked with her back as straight as she could, trying to get into the role she would be playing over the next two weeks.

She slid open the door that separated the Slytherin's and everyone else, meeting Evan and a bunch of Slytherin's all giving each other their goodbyes, which honestly looked more like a business meeting more than anything.

She caught sight of Andromeda stood near her sister Narcissa and sent the woman a smile that was returned when nobody was looking, Crystal then looked back over to Evan and began to walk over to him slowly.

"Are you ready to leave, Evan?" She asked as she announced herself to the group, their goodbyes stop and she watched as Severus's face twisted into a grim at the sight of her, she just didn't know it was face as to her appearance.

"Yes" Evan answered shortly, nodding to his friends before he snatched up Crystal's arm to escort her off of the train and to her parents.

It would be a longer holiday indeed.