XII

"Goodbye snow! Hello exams!" Crystal groaned out frantically as they exited D

"Goodbye snow! Hello exams!" Crystal groaned out frantically as they exited D.A.D.A in a depressive state, "I truly have a strong hatred for that professor, he'll be gone by next year though"

"Huh" Melanie began to think about it, and how the professor changed every year for different circumstances. "How peculiar"

"Don't be so dramatic, Snowflake" Lily continued on with their original conversation, as they walked down the hallway with their books close and (Crystal's) food even closer. "It's just the exams that lead to the rest of our lives!"

"No pressure" Crystal snickered sarcastically before her face dropped as she noticed a Hufflepuff down the hallway. "Crap, he's there! Hide me behind you while he walks past!"

She quickly hid behind the two girls, who pretended that they hadn't a clue where she was as he approached the two of them.

"Have you seen Crystal?" He asked the two as Crystal snook away from behind the and turned around the corner, walking backwards to make sure he didn't see her.

She accidentally stumbled into someone and shushed them when they let out a groan, but when she turned around she saw Evan Deaver and Lucious Malfoy staring at her in confusion.

Of course she walked into them.

"What are you doing?" Evan asked the girl with an undertone of amusement, as she was crouched down and clinging on to her bag, she quickly straightened herself out as she glanced over to where the group was now missing.

She turned her head back to the pair in front of her, "erm, nothing? Sorry for running into you"

And with that, she turned back around and ran down the previous hallway to try and catch up with her friends who would've been heading over to the common room.

On the other hand, Melanie and Lily were just about walking into the common room before they were practically cornered by Sirius and James, the other marauders stood back with a pitiful look.

"Why were you talking to Justin Blake?" James quickly spoke up, almost spitting his name out in hatred as Sirius nodded furiously besides him.

"He wants to ask crystal on a date and we covered her whilst she crept away" Melanie explained with a shrug, and the boys features relaxed as they both let out a somewhat sigh of relief. "Even if she wanted to, we all made a pact not to date"

And James looked over at Lily with an unknown look, "is that so?"

He almost sounded amused, as though he knew something that Melanie doesn't know.

"Yes, it is" Lily nodded and sent him a small look as she pushed down the blush rising on her cheeks, and he went to reply cleverly.

"I'm here!" Crystal shouted as she burst through the common room door, letting Lily let out a breathe as James didn't get to speak again. "Note to self:when creeping away from someone and around the corner, always make sure you don't rub into the slimy Slytherin gang"

"What?" Lily inquired as it hit her that Crystal was going on about having a run in with a certain group, which could mean trouble, especially if Severus was there.

"It's alright, it was Malfoy and Deaver, the less talkative ones" she quickly shook off Lily's worry as she marched over to the group and placed her elbow on Melanie's shoulder: "so, what we're we chatting about"

And James smirked as a ton of different comebacks and insults came to mind, ones only invoving annoying Crystal.