S: IV

The comfort of the dress that Crystal had picked out was surprisingly big, however the party didn't seem to offer much support for the trio and their awkwardness at such a sophisticated party

"Anyone else feel underdressed? Or out of place?" Melanie was the first one to speak as they entered the place, her unruly curled hair platted on one side while the remaining curls hung on her left shoulder, she shifted her blue dress slightly so it was straight after walking in.

"Yeah" the other two mumbled in agreement as they stood beside her, Lily wearing her hair in neat curls that spread around nicely while Crystal had her half in a half-up do that was straight.

"I think we should...grab drinks and mingle the best we can" Crystal suggested as she wavered her eyes over a few people that she recognised from school, mainly Slytherin pureblood's, she decided that it was going to be a long night.

"Drinks sound good to me" Melanie mumbled as she hooked her arm with Lily and began to walk along as 'sophisticated' as she could, Crystal hanging nearby them as they walked as a group.

"Crystal! You made it! And you look...gorgeous" Natalie smiled over at the girl, as she cut her off from walking with her friends, and Crystal began to fiddle with her bracelet as she smiled back at the woman.

"I wouldn't miss it, it looks amazing Natalie" Crystal complemented the place as she glanced around at all the fancy settings in one giant place that had artwork clinging to almost every wall, the portraits moving to reveal Natalie's clothing lines.

"I'm glad that you and your friends decided to wear these pieces, it shows off your personality's well" Natalie states with a soft smile on her features, her hand reaching over and giving Crystal's hand a squeeze. "One small thing darling, I need you to wear a ring to show off the...erm, engagement with Evan"

Crystals body ran cold at the reminder, but then she remembered that herself and her friends were literally in a snake den, so she had no choice but to agree with Natalie's words and to secretly slip on the ring to her ring finger.

It felt wrong sat there, especially because if how bland and flashy it seemed, it certainly was not her ideal engagement ring but she still complemented it so that something bad wouldn't end up happening.

"Looks perfect" Natalie smiled again, before someone had gestured her over and she waved Crystal goodbye politely before she dived away.

Crystals face dropped when the woman had walked away and she looked down to the rock on her finger, fiddling with it slightly as though it was supposed to make herself more comfortable.

It almost didn't seem real to be engaged to someone that she didn't pick out, but she also supposed that there could've been worse people in the world to be forced a marriage upon.

"Hey" someone cut into her twiddling and she spun around to the hand that had reached out and gripped her forearm, and she smiled slightly once she realised it was Evan.

"Oh, hey Evan" Crystal greeted him as she dropped the arm with the ring on it from her other hand, drawing his attention to the ring, and he let out a scoff.

"That's not the ring I'm going to pick out" Evan furrowed his eyebrows at the ring is mother had placed there, he thought it was awfully flashy and ugly. "I want you to at least like a band that you're going to be stuck with"

"Assuming I'll go along with the wedding" Crystal spoke in a tone of humour as she met his eyes, and he almost sighed, this was the girl he knew and he hated the sight of her before.

"Well, when I'm done with you...you'll be wanting me for all of eternity" Evan smugly spoke as he stepped closer to her so they were huddled together.

"You know I'd have to be in love with you to deal with you for all of eternity" Crystal half-mocked as the look on her eyes changed to an utmost challenging gaze.

"Well, better prepare yourself, Crystal" Evan smirked down at her and she squinted her eyes at him slightly as though to analyse into his actual aim in this entire situation.

Then, the music suddenly changed to a slow song and Crystal moved her gaze over to where adults suddenly started to dance in a traditional way, and she saw her parents dancing and smiling at each other lovingly.

One of the few moments that she has actually seen them like this, and her chest suddenly tightened, causing her to press her hand against her chest for a moment before she decided that she had to get some fresh air.

Crystal walked hastily outside the building, wanting to get away from the huge hassle as the blood seemed to pump inside her head and ears, the only thing on her mind was getting out of there.

She sat down on the pathway outside of the building as her chest only seemed to deepen, footsteps were running behind her but she couldn't seem to keep up with anything.