V

When the Gryffindor reached the potions classroom, Crystal had her head lay on Remus's shoulder as they were welcomed by an excited Slughorn, who seemed to be very happy about today's lesson.

Remus finally let Crystal down at her station, to which she saluted him with a grin before he made his way over to where the rest of his friends were already waiting.

The classroom soon filled in with other students, and Crystal almost groaned in annoyance when she spotted Evan Deaver walking in, looking very prideful as he took a seat on the same table the girls were at.

Which instantly made the Gryffindor boys glare at the boy in hatred.

"Excellent! Excellent!" Slughorn clapped his hands together as he stepped towards his example potion, "can anyone tell me what this is?"

"Amortentia" James spoke up smartly, grinning at Remus who was sat with him (Wormtail and Padfoot being in another class).

"Brilliant! But, can anyone tell me about its properties..." He questioned, as his eyes glanced around the classroom, only to reach a newly short haired girl. "Crystal! Properties?"

"Amortentia is a love potion, that can't create actual love, it just creates more of an infatuation, or an obsession" She resorted with a bored tone on her voice, and Melanie high fives her in front of everybody with a small cheer.

"Perfect, can you tell me what you smell?" He quizzed curiously, and two students in particular leaned forward in their seats.

"Sure" She shrugged cluelessly, "Roses, spruce wood and...firewiskey?"

Melanie snorted at the last one, raising the attention to her, to which she smiled cheekily at as Lily nudged her side.

"Intriguing" Slughorn concluded, before he turned to face the whole class again. "Now, I want you to try and replicate the potion, but you must not take it outside this lesson or you will be expelled for use of it"

"Damn" Melanie said under her breathe, "that's a little dramatic, not like we'd want anyone obsessing over us anyway"

———————

"Who the hell smells fire whiskey?" Lily ponders as the trio sat down in the Gryffindor common room, Melanie quickly taking out the daily profit so she could start scrunching it up and throwing it in the for piece by piece.

"You guys, three muggle families have gone missing within the last month" Melanie spoke nervously as she turned the newspaper around to display the main head title, and Lily gasped slightly.

"Do you think they're alright?" She asked lightly, not wanting to think of the bad things that could've happened to them.

"Let's just...change the subject" Melanie cut in, ripping off the front page and launching it into the roaring flames after she had scrunched it up into a messy hall. "Fire whiskey? Really?"

"Stop picking on me!" Crystal groaned out loud, as she dramatically collapsed her head backwards on the sofa. "I smelt roses, Fire whiskey and spruce wood...where the Ravenclaw have I smelt that before?"

And it hit her, ravenclaw, Evan was one of the only people she had told about her obsessions with roses, spruce wood was what she could smell when she woke up in his bed and...she ended up in the bed after a conversation with him...because of firewhiskey. Oh Merlin.

"Who knows" Melanie shrugged it off, before she flashed a mischievous grin at Lily. "I assume that you could smell James?"

Lily blushed, before she picked up the pillow beside her and chucked it at the girl sat on the floor, who gasped dramatically before she threw it back harder.