III

"Huh" Melanie randomly said in the middle of dinner that Saturday evening

Crystal instantly picked up in it and sent her friend a questioning look as she tried to stuff her face with Yorkshire puddings.

"What do you mean by 'huh'?" Lily asked, as she leaned in slightly to try and see what Melanie was looking at, only finding threefold the Maurauder's joining around nearby.

"Remus isn't there again" Melanie pointed out, and the other two girls rushed forward to try and spot the wizard.

"Weird" Lily simply said and Crystal hummed in response and turned back to her eating.

Lily and Crystal soon started up a conversation about their crazy DADA teacher who had set a six page essay for in a week, which was amusing to Crystal as she new the DADA position was cursed.

"Look, the rest of them are leaving early" Melanie pointed to the boys, and they all watched as the boys walked in silence to outside the hall, "should we follow them?"

"Sure" Crystal shrugged and the trio stood up and began to chase the boys, not before Crystal grabbed a few extra Yorkshire puddings.

Lily tugged Crystal along carefully, as they watched the boys closely.

They looked around the corridor before turning abruptly left, looking like they were in a hurry.

The girls soon followed after, only when Melanie instructed them too as she was supposed to be the smart one of the three.

"This way!" They heard Sirius's voice call out to the others, so the girls turned right—to where they heard the voice.

"Shhh!" They could now hear Peter trying to quiet the others, so they turned right again only to be met with a blank wall.

"What the-?" Crystal blurted out and the girls scanned around the area, not spotting the rat that sneakily ran past them.

"How did—"Melanie cut herself off before she let out a huff, "they were probably just pranking us"

"Don't worry" Crystal assured the girls as they began to walk back to the Gryffindor common room, "I'll get them back soon enough, I mean I am the prankster queen"

"Nobody calls you that!" Lily groaned as she ran her hands over her face.

"Calls me what?" Crystal asked with a blank face.

"Prankster Queen" Lily reminded as they continued their walk, and turned a corner.

"Yes?" Crystal asked, lily groaned as she realised she had unintentionally called the brunette prankster queen.

" I thought your nickname was 'Crystal Ball', at least to the Maurauder's anyway" Melanie chimed into the conversation.

"Since when is their choices the final decision?" Crystal whined as they walked past the great hall and got closer to their beds.

Lily shrugged in response to the girls question, "you're right, it's not. We could come up with better names than; Crystal Ball, Flower and Mela-bela"

"Yeah, how about Mel for Melanie? Simple but nice" Crystal offered, and Melanie quickly nodded at the idea.

"Lily can be Lils" Melanie stated, "what about crystal?"

"Snowflake please!" Crystal put her hand up high for no reason, "because I'm unique, usually cold and it has a crystal effect"

"Alright, snowflake, lils and Mel" Lily chuckled, it was two usual nicknames and Crystal's.