XI

"How was your holiday, Snowflake?" Lily cheerfully asked the girl sat opposite her, who was sat slumping against her hand as she played around with her dinner with a fork

"Merlin, you look worse than me" Melanie chimed from the left of Crystal, and crystal sent the girl a small glare. "Alright, I get it. Nobody could keep up with my mess of an appearance"

"She didn't say anything" Lily states drastically as she glanced between her two friends, but even if they were acting weird and unnatural like usual, she missed them to bits and pieces.

"Honestly, I'll tell you later" Crystal informed them both, and they both leaned in with sudden interest. "It's just something my mum told me"

She unconsciously glanced over to the Ravenclaw table, where Evan Deaver was sat chatting away with his friends like nothing was new with his life.

"So, I heard that Justin Blake is planning to ask you out" Melanie states as she places a grape in her mouth, attempting to look hot but instead misses her mouth and drops it on the floor with a small curse from herself.

"The Justin Blake?" Lily questioned immediately, her head snapping over to where Melanie was was reaching for a new grape, not paying any attention to Lily until Crystal nudged her.

"What-oh yeah, he was going on about it on the train" Melanie simply states before placing a grape into her mouth and succeeding this time, causing her to clap and do a tiny dance.

"The Justin Blake wants to ask our snowflake out?" Lily cleared it up, and after a nod from Melanie she sat back and rested her hands on the table in shock. "Oh merlin"

"Not a big deal" Crystal said, shrugging her shoulders as she played with a slice of chicken. "I'll just say no and get it over with"

"What, why?" Lily asked in shock as she looked over to her friend, who seemed as though she wanted to be anywhere but in the conversation.

"Why? Why not, have you seen him? He may look like a prince and all that but the guys extremely dumb and a total player" Crystal quickly explained herself and Melanie nodded in agreement. "In fact, I might just run away whenever I see him, it's what I usually do"

"Same" Melanie giggles slightly before she sees the look on Lily's face. "Seriously Lils, he's a terrible person, I was just giving her a heads up"

"Not interested in dating anyway" Crystal quickly added on the end, and she was right, she had no interest in selling herself to a guy to think herself worthy or set herself a standard.

She ate, wore and did what she wants and she didn't care what anyone thought about her.

Also, technically she was engaged at the moment and she still needed to find a way out of it by the end of school in two years.

"Fair enough then" Lily caved in as she slouched slightly, "maybe we should just all remain single until we've left school, so we can focus on ourselves and the exams"

"I'll agree to that" Melanie agrees and holds out her hand, Lily's have immediately flying to the top of it and they look over to crystal who's trying to shove a whole chicken in her mouth.

Crystal quickly placed it on her plate with a sheepish smile, quickly wipes her hand on a napkin, before she placed her hand on top of theirs.

They soon pull away and crystal turns back to her dinner, completely forgetting the previous conversation as though it never had existed.

Except the girls all made a promise, and there was already being bets made by the marauders to see who would fail first.