IV

"Maybe, for once in our high school career, we can just...not" Melanie states as she piles a few strawberries on top of her waffles, before nodding to herself and adding some berries to go with it.

"Not what?" Sirius asked with a mischievous grin next to Melanie, his face lingering close to her face as she huffed out loud and chose to watch her waffles. James and Lily sat next to each other happily as they shared a plate.

"Not have you sat with us for a meal, you know, so we can eat normally without feeling someone breathing down our necks?" Melanie had let go of her fork and turned her face to a smirking Sirius, who reached down and took a bite out of her waffle, which caused her to groan"Are you serious?"

"Why yes I am" Sirius resorted with his usual look, and Melanie rolled her eyes before she grabbed a new waffle to eat, chucking him the old one.

Remus let out a soft smile from beside Crystal, who had fallen asleep on his shoulder the second he had sat down next to her, which inwardly made him cheer in excitement and for someone who had entered the hall around the same time, to glare at the pair of them.

"Here are your schedules" Professor McGonagal greeted the group, handing out the timetables even though Sirius and Melanie were arguing over waffles and Crystal was unconscious on Remus's shoulder and then she walked off to the next group on the table.

"Potions with Slughorn, starting off with a great start" Lily smiled at the group as she read over her schedule, "We have it with Ravenclaw though, which means that we'll have to be extra smart to try and prove ourselves"

Melanie snorted, "Their only quality isn't just wisdom, and it doesn't always have to be about classes. You can be smart at loads of things."

"Smartest thing I've ever heard come from your mouth, Mela bela" Sirius chimed in, ruining the moment about unfair stereotypes, causing Melanie to take deep breathes before she picked up the closest book--which was Lily's--and she started to hit him with it, to which he tried his nest to block.

"Ever way, I'm not being the one to wake Crystal up" Lily states as she slumps slightly against James's shoulder, already tired of her friends behaviour on the first day, to which he discreetly grabs her hand under the table to reassure her.

"I'll do it" Remus offered politely before he began to shake Crystal gently, causing her to groan and move her head closer to his neck, which he blushed at. "Crystal, we have potions first"

Crystal groaned again as she tried to cover her eyes from the light, turning her head fully into his neck. "You're no being a very good pillow"

"I'll give you a piggy back ride" Remus promised, and Crystal slowly peaked her eyes open with a smile, before she leaned away from his shoulder and nodded at him ecstatically.

"No take backs!" Crystal wanted with an awake look suddenly covering her face, and she grabbed her bag and shoved her timetable into it before she looked at the others with an unknown expression. "Come on then!"

They immediately shot out and into action, Lily and James scrambling their things as they tried to act as though they weren't holding hands, and Melanie and Sirius gave each other a few shoved here and there as they got ready to leave.

Remus turned around expectingly, which made Crystal let out a giggle before she jumped up onto his back and he caught her thighs, which made her wrap her arms around his neck loosely as they began their trek to potions.