VII

"well, we all leave our separate ways soon, on our way to different journeys, not knowing when we'll meet again"

"Will you shut up? We're leaving for Christmas, not for the end of the world" Crystal had cut Melanie off from her brooding rant, the other girls just knew that Melanie would miss them, she just showed it differently.

"Besides, we have three days, that's tons of time to complete our homework so we don't have to do it during the break" Lily smiled at the other girls, who were lay on the floor where they had previously made their snow angels.

"I actually think that's smart, get it done today, then we have two days together" Melanie agreed to it, grinning over at crystal who had her tongue out to catch some snow on it. "Wow, Snowflake, that's the most intimate thing I've ever seen you do"

"Oh, go snog Sirius" Crystal scoffed at Melanie, who grumbled something under her breathe as she began to get up from where she was lay.

"We better get inside, or we'll catch a cold" Lily informed the group, and Crystal finally looked away from the snowflakes that were flowing down upon her and her surroundings, she nodded at Lily's request before she herself stood up and shook all the snow away from her body.

Crystal always loved the winter time, the snow to her was beauty itself as many people saw it as a cold and harmful thing, but crystal saw it in a more unique approach.

In fact, she preferred it to summer, where it was all hot and sticky and if she wanted to play outside she'd have to follow more rules to keep herself cool, healthy and not burnt to a crisp.

Even if it was a walk.

After listening to Melanie's depressing rant as they entered the castle, Crystal was just about ready to tackle her to the ground before someone else did it for her as they entered the common room.

"Sirius! Get off me you big brute!" Melanie squealed as he had landed on top of her, he was shuffling around causing her to groan before he glanced upwards and saw it was her instead of his actual victim.

"Whoops, Sorry Mel, thought you were James" Sirius apologised, causing Crystal's eyebrows to furrow.

Why on earth was Sirius trying to get in such position with James? But, she decided that it was better not to ask and remain in the dark.

"Well? Get off me then!" Melanie yelled at him after he just lay there for a moment looking at her, he quickly scrambled to his feet as he realised what position they were in, he muttered an apology before holding his hand out to help her.

"What's going on here?" James asked amusingly, as Lily tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, and Melanie slapped Sirius's hand away and got up herself.

Crystal swallowed the piece of cake she was eating before she replied, "entertainment"

"Where did you get food from?" Lily asked in confusion, Crystal always randomly started to eat and it confused her to no end on how nobody—not even the professors—knew where she'd grab the food from.

"Heaven" She replied with a cheeky smirk, before taking another bite from her ginger cake and winking over at a gawping Lily.

"Right, well, I think we're done here girls. Alice and Marlene will be waiting for us at the great hall and we still need to change" Melanie states with red cheeks, as she and Sirius avoided eye contact even though they were right next to each other.

"Oh yeah, I need to ask Marlene how she managed fo get that stain out of her skirt" Lily muttered on as she stepped away from James, who seemed to gain puppy eyes as she moved away, but nobody noticed his longing. "I still can't get the one out of mine, seriously, who knew potions could ruin school skirts?"

"Everyone" Crystal frowned as she knew she was right, but everyone seemed to ignore her so she rolled her eyes and pulled out a cauldron cake to snack on.